Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

mommy, mommy, mommy....

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  • 17 Replies
My 22 month old boy is in a phase in which he will not let me out of his sight. He repeats "mommy", "mom", all the time. I cant go use the bathroom without him following me. If I shut the door he screams and cries. Have y'all experienced this?
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:15 PM
yes. they go through phases of needing attention or having separation anxiety. you will hear. "momom mom mom mom" alot !!!
apple212
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I thought I would go mad.  

I started putting on the tv and waiting until he was not looking forward to this so entertaining to get up and walk away. It took a while but he finally got he's been in the room by himself. I would tell him Mommy's going into the kitchen I'll be right back and I would talk to him from whatever room I was in. That way she felt he wasn't being left alone.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM
My LO is only 2 months old, but I'm sure he'll get to that point eventually!
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM

We played, "Where's mommy?" at this age. I'd go hide in a closet or around a corner and say *Sing song* "Where's mommy?" My kids would laugh and run around and try to find me. It really helped with their seperation anxiety. Later on if I left the room they woudn't cry but just go look for me.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Bathrooms are another issue all together. My guys are 14, 9 and 7 and I still can't go to the bathroom by myself,lol.

PrincessAsmommy
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Oh lordy have we been there done that with this one! LOL

Our kids are 5 and 7 and we still have stretches where we can't be away from one or both without some kind of drama and anxiety for them.  Growing up can be scary stuff but it passes and gets easier each time.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:04 PM

LOL, yes, been there done that...and now I can laugh. Not so much during that time though. LOL

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Ds is eight and still bugs me when I'm in the bathroom

bakerytreatz16
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM
My dd turns 2 in two weeks and anytime I exit the room she screams "MOMMY! WHAT YOU DOING?????! MOMMY?!?!?"...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dinahrp
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:49 PM
I have 4 children. I haven't gone to the bathroom alone for about the last 10 years. Unless I'm at work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN