Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

He busted my dog's face open in revenge for her barking at him?! Edit with pics Update~

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:21 PM
  • 99 Replies

I took some advice today and went out and bought two 15 ft tie out lead lines. This way the girls can go outside and have some freedom but still be leashed. Me or dh will of course be supervising them the whole time. *Sigh of relief*... this is the best I felt in days!

Emily before  and after. Sorry about the quality. I had to take a picture of the computer screen.

I wanted to put this down so I don't forget anything when it comes time to make my report to the humane society. *Emily is a Jack Russel mix (about the size of a big cat) and Lilly is a Lab mix*

Wednesday the 4th at 10:30 pm.

14yo dd let our dogs outside to go potty. (We live in apartments that have a gated, shared courtyard) Everyone of us who owns dogs does this. Some minutes later our new neighbors (of only 5 days) approach the gate from the alley. Our dogs bark at them, dd apologizes then dd shoos them away from the gate and holds them while the family walks upstairs. More minutes later another man approaches the gate. The dogs bark again, dd apologies, again grabbing the dogs away and restrained them while the man walks upstairs. During this time, the father who is upstairs the whole time starts swearing and yelling, "Aye!" "What the Fuck!" Repeatedly. *Note* The dogs always bark at new people.

After everyone is upstairs dd lets the dogs go. They play for a few minutes longer then dd tries to get the dogs back in the house. They run around playfully and don't listen. So dd turns to go ask dh to get them. As she walks away she sees the dad walking down the stairs holding something shiny. *Edit*(we found out it was a socket wrench) She sticks her head in the door to ask dh to come out when we hear a sharp yelp. She turned around in time to see the man walk back upstairs. Our dogs come running to the door. Emily's face is busted open, blood is pouring down.

I walked upstairs to ask what happened. The man was very agitated and accused my dogs of attacking his family. He said he wouldn't be calm about that and he would do whatever he needed to to protect them. 

In essence, he walked down stairs with the sole intention of hurting my dog because she barked at his family. She wasn't posing a threat, then or now but he didn't care. 

Eta: We ended up taking her to emergency care. She needed 5 stitched to close the deep gash on her face.

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitleypittman
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM

I see jail time for him.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Update: I got off the phone with the Humane society. The lady told me that I was 100% at fault and I didn't have a leg to stand on. Because the courtyard is shared the dogs must be on a leash at all times. (We have neighbors who have been here for over 10 years who've always let their dogs out) That man could have beaten her to death with a hammer and he would still have been within his rights because she didn't have a leash on. Now I'm facing a citation for breaking leash laws. I'm in tears right now.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Not even close... I might have to pay a fine though.

Quoting whitleypittman:

I see jail time for him.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
What a complete jack ass.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Yet he was somehow within his rights. How twisted is that??

Quoting MommeeTo4: What a complete jack ass.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

livia1025
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

What a douche!  If this is how it actually went, he only came down to hit your dog because it was barking.  I actually would have called the police & filed a report instead of calling the humane society.  Even if you would have gotten a citation for not having them leashed, they may have been able to charge him with some form of animal abuse due to the fact your daughter had a hold of the dog while he was walking through & he came back down with the socket wrench.  I have to ask, even though the courtyard is gated, is it posted that all dogs must be leashed?  At my complex there's signs all over the place that states dogs need to be on a leash, so I get mad when my husband just lets the dog out to use the bathroom. 

whitleypittman
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:47 PM
WHAT?!?!
He injured your dog, yet YOU might have to pay a FINE?!?!?!
AW HELL NAW!

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting whitleypittman:

I see jail time for him.

DensHag
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM

This...I would still call and file a report with the police.  That is animal abuse.  Even though they barked at him, leash or no he doesn't have the right to hit a dog.

Quoting livia1025:

What a douche!  If this is how it actually went, he only came down to hit your dog because it was barking.  I actually would have called the police & filed a report instead of calling the humane society.  Even if you would have gotten a citation for not having them leashed, they may have been able to charge him with some form of animal abuse due to the fact your daughter had a hold of the dog while he was walking through & he came back down with the socket wrench.  I have to ask, even though the courtyard is gated, is it posted that all dogs must be leashed?  At my complex there's signs all over the place that states dogs need to be on a leash, so I get mad when my husband just lets the dog out to use the bathroom. 

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM

It is. And when he came down, they weren't even barking. They only bark at people who are outside the gate. I did call the police and they said it wasn't their area because he didn't threaten me. No, there's no signs. It's an unspoken rule that you can let your dog outside. Two of my neighbors have been here for 10 1/2 years and 7 years, have been doing it the whole time.

This peice of scum moves in and 5 days later he's attacking my dogs. I warned all the neighbors about what happened. Now they're worried that he might call on them. It's bullshit.

Quoting livia1025:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Exactly!!! I was shocked.

Quoting whitleypittman: WHAT?!?! He injured your dog, yet YOU might have to pay a FINE?!?!?! AW HELL NAW!
Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting whitleypittman:

I see jail time for him.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN