Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Why is it??

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

That so many kids shows/sitcoms make the parents look like absolute moronic nincompoops and the kids entitled, stuck on themselves brats? Or is that my imagination ?

LOL, that being said' I miss shows like the Cosby Show, Family ties and such, Whose the Boss, Different Strokes, Punky Brewster...I mean the kids got into mischief and such but the parents didn't look like moronic nincompoops. LOL

What show do you wish your children could fall in love with?

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM

My kids love the cosby show, punky brewster and some others lol

I do have to say that the only show I love of my kids is Good Luck Charlie.  I think it's hilarious, and yes the parents are some what of a moron lol.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:10 PM

LOL.  I can get the Cosby show sometimes.  Usually when the kids are in school. LOL.  I haven't seen Punky Brewster in years...can't find it on anywhere.  

I like Good Luck Charlie okay...but the adults get on my nerves. LOL

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Thelmama:

LOL.  I can get the Cosby show sometimes.  Usually when the kids are in school. LOL.  I haven't seen Punky Brewster in years...can't find it on anywhere.  

I like Good Luck Charlie okay...but the adults get on my nerves. LOL

we have the 1st and 2nd seasons.  we watch the other 2 seasons on youtube.

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Never watched Good Luck Charlie.  Of course my kids are all grown, but my dd loved the Cosby show when she was little; we still watch it sometimes.  It was a great example of the best  parents. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree, kids shows are getting a lite silly.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Mine are older and don't watch those shows anymore. (Thank God!). Those shows were just coming out, and not many of them had ditzy parents. But the kids were entitled, and spoiled. I wasn't a fan of the whole concept. 

But then, I'm not a fan of alot of things society says we should do for/to kids. Like everyone gets a trophy, or some of the aspects of common core. 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids shows today are annoying.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here! A big reason why I will not let my youngest be involved in any groups that do that. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Mine are older and don't watch those shows anymore. (Thank God!). Those shows were just coming out, and not many of them had ditzy parents. But the kids were entitled, and spoiled. I wasn't a fan of the whole concept. 

But then, I'm not a fan of alot of things society says we should do for/to kids. Like everyone gets a trophy, or some of the aspects of common core. 

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:17 PM
You are so totally right. One reason we don't have any channels. The only stuff we watch is what we put in the dvd player.

I liked those old shows you listed.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:20 AM

You're right. Ds can watch whatever he wants, but these shows give unrealistic expectations. There are rules in my house and they will be followed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)