Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Maybe I could hire her out...LOL

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 10 year old is on a cleaning kick. She asked me......Mom can I clean the bathroom, can I mop, can I dust, can I clean windows?  I said..sure you can..absolutely

I could get used to this.  She is doing an AWESOME JOB.  Makes a Mama proud. She is standing on a stool, cleaning away.

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsElle
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:13 PM
That's awesome!!
Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Thanks

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Awesome!
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:50 PM

aww that's sweet

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Thanks y'all.  I am also teaching her to do it right since she is interested. My Mom, just made me do it. She didn't teach me. I learned how to clean properly AFTER I was an adult, you know the details. like getting in the corners of windows and not just wiping the window,The cleaning behind the faucets, etc etc. How to avoid streaks and how to look for hidden dirt.  She LOVES it.  I am in awe of how much she loves  cleaning. LOL

dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

You are doing it right, teach her now & she'll take care of her own home later.  Now ... where do you leave;  you can send her to my house next!!  I'll feed her a nice lunch and even a good dinner, heck, I'll even pay her if she'll clean my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM

God bless her! Because I cannot stand cleaning, which makes me procrastinate. Which makes it worse. Logically I know this..lol

younger ds is in for a long spring and summer. Saturday he cleaned out the garage, yesterday he raked the cigarette butts up along the driveway (from them and their friends), and cleaned up the back deck. 

Next he'll be cleaning the hot tub room, and the bathroom he uses (he calls it "my bathroom"). He's also slated to help dh with spreading mulch. 

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks y'all.  I am also teaching her to do it right since she is interested. My Mom, just made me do it. She didn't teach me. I learned how to clean properly AFTER I was an adult, you know the details. like getting in the corners of windows and not just wiping the window,The cleaning behind the faucets, etc etc. How to avoid streaks and how to look for hidden dirt.  She LOVES it.  I am in awe of how much she loves  cleaning. LOL

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM
That's so awesome! I sometimes get I a cleaning kick where I just have to feel clean everything. My DH thinks I'm nuts.
cjs702006
by Carla on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great!

Meissilly
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM

What a GREAT  daughter you have !  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN