Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I had to say... "OKAY, that's enough, please stop."

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:16 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was happy to be getting my hair shaped up yesterday due to having a wedding Saturday.  Had the style all planned ... and now??  OMG!!  I had to tell her to stop cutting it.  I asked her to please just go through it with a razor to give it some lift and blending.  All of a sudden I realized she had actual scissors, and I had to tell her to stop cutting.  I can't pull it up from the front like I do a few days a week, now.   I feel like a little kid with bangs and guess what?  I have bangs.  I rolled my eyes when she was trying to be nice and going thru it asking if I was sure it was short enough.  At one point I said "oh yes, it's defiantly short".  I wouldn't let her style it and cut her tip in half to make a point, I didn't reschedule either.  Disgusting!!  I fell like I look like a freaking dork!!

How2Be

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. That's awful. I watch them like a hawk now. I had one really bd hair cut, and that was enough for me.
EmptyNestMama
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh No! Would love to see a pic of the new haircut though! 

~Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:18 AM

That sucks. I've always had bangs, of some length. I think my forehead looks like a billboard sign without them. 

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Me too!

Quoting EmptyNestMama:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I'm so sorry that happened! I have to watch them like a hawk whenever I get my hair done :-/

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Awe I'm sorry. I've been going to the same girl for years and she always does I hair the same, so I don't usually have to worry about it. It took me forever to find someone who cuts my hair the way I want. And it's not difficult! I just have reallyyyyy thick, stringy hair, so that apparently makes it harder.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Oh no!  Is this a stylist you've used before or someone new?  Did you tell her it was much too short?  I'm surprised you tipped her at all.  (((hug)))

Normally, I'd say "eh, it's just hair" but... you have an important event this weekend.  

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I wouldn't go back to her

bhow
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:20 AM

It doesn't 'look' bad I just feel all self concious and it is NOT what I wanted to walk out with.  It is as short now as it was 1 1/2 yrs ago, the kids pointed that out from a photo here in the kitchen, gee thanks kids.

Quoting EmptyNestMama:

How2Be

bhow
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Probably won't go back.  I really don't like hoping stylists but I told her I was going to a wedding so plz be minimal with the length, and to plz do not cut the bangs!  My forehead looks like a road map!!!

Quoting cjsmom1:

I wouldn't go back to her

How2Be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN