Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I need help and advice

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
Okay so I have been working for a company for the last six months. I was sent here by a staffing agency. May 4 is my review day as to when the company either offers me the job or tells me to leave. I have spoke to my supervisors here and both have no complaints of my work. They actually have my training new people as well. Yesterday I get a call from the staffing agency guy stating hr sent him an email saying there not accepting me may 4 but will keep me on contract until they no longer need me. He also states they wrote im loud (I work on the phone all day) and that I walk around (iam helping the new hire at her desk so I have to get up and walkover the poor women doesn't understand anything) ive brought this to my sups attention multiple times. They have just let her go after six weeks or this mess. I feel as if this is not being based off of my performancw at work but rather that im six n a half months pregnant and they dont want a empty desk while iam out. My department holds 19 people and two desks are open already and two others are out on fmla. I am taking this as discremination against my pregnancy and I wanna know what I can do and if I can file complaint and file for unemployment.
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren26805
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Bump
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I don't know if you can do that or not.  Since it's through a temp agency, it sounds like they are within their rights to not hire you on directly.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I don't know. Even IF it's because if you're pregnancy, they can always just say it's because you're a temp.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I don't know. It sucks, but you're a temp under contract and they don't have to hire you. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Do you live in an "at will". State? I know in my state we are and employers can let anyone go at will for no reason and nothing we can do about it.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Since it's through a temp agency there isn't anything you can do

lauren26805
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Dam this sucks. I live in pa
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I had a friend that worked temp, you might be able to get unemployment. Call the unemployment office in your state and ask.

lauren26805
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:35 AM
If there not saying its because of my production that they are not keeping me and making up some random shit cant I file a complaint for discrimination? I feel as if it is.
Callaly
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM

You were hired as temp so I don't think that there is anything that you can do about it. It seems pretty clear that its because of your pregnancy but in this situation you signed on as a temp worker so there isn't anything you can do to protect yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)