Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Baby Sleep Time Challenge Day 1: Winding Down

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does your baby have a bedtime routine? Today's challenge is to establish a routine to help your baby wind down and set the mood for a good night of sleep!

Here are some suggestions to help relax your baby:

• Give your baby a warm bath.
  • Diaper and put pajamas on.
  • Give baby a soothing massage to relax tense muscles.
  • Nurse or give bottle.
  • Read a book.
  • Sing a soft lullaby.
  • Enjoy some cuddle time.
  • Put down to bed.

boy n girl

How well does your baby sleep at night? Does your baby have a tough time winding down at night? What are some of the routine things you do with baby each night before bed?

One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $25 Walmart gift card!

Join Our Baby Sleep Time Challenge-Enter to Win $25!

by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Mine have always had a routine. It was important.
peachaz1
by New Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I've tried everything on the list and nothing seems to work for my son. He fights going to bed like no one's business
xLilBit22
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Our routine is bath time which includes pjs after, some cuddle time with grandma then bottle (or vise versa) & crib. BUT im sure there are better ways or easier ways. Mommies i WILL need help soon. My daughter is 10mons going on 11mons & I will be popping soon. How's your routine with 2babies?
ablackdolphin
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:44 PM
We have always done a bath each night. When they were really little I nursed and sang the abc song. Now we read.
MK1976
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I try to sing and read hopefully this will help her fall asleep
christina122952
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM
My baby has a routine, give her a baby, feed her, and she goes right to sleep
RyleighJane
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM
We dont do baths every night yet with my daughter so thats not part of our routine. But we change her diaper and put jammies on around the same time every night. Give her her sippy with milk and turn off the light other than the tv in the living room and let her play for a lil while. I've gotten her good at telling me when shes ready for bed. Shell either come over sucking her thumb (only does it when going to bed) or shell tell me by by and point upstairs. Shes 16 months.

For the most part she sleeps through the night. Latley shes been waking in the middle of the night and some night ill rock with her for a lil while or if shes to upset ill bring her to bed with us and she goes right back to sleep. Last night she attempted to jump out of my arms when I tried to sit down with her in her room.
elasmimi
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Nothing on the list seemed to help with my first child, but with my other two, a few minutes of cuddle time and a bottle worked like a charm.

theflash
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Non of that stuff works lol. He has a routine of goin to bed at 730/8....but dad has to tirer him out first by laying on the ground n letting our son use him as a jungle gym lol....it's pretty funny seeing a 11m beat up a grown man :p
LorinLizziesMom
by New Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM

My older girls lay in one bed and talk until they get the 10 minutes warning, then they head into their own beds and "pretend" to be sleeping and remain quiet for 10 minutes so they get hugs and kisses. They also get a story from dh before bed. The baby "sings" himself to sleep. He still nurses and co-sleeps so when we head to bed, he comes with us. He cuddles in and comfort nurses while humming himself to sleep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)