Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Baby Sleep Time Challenge Day 2: Follow Tired Signs

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM
  • 47 Replies

Do you follow your baby's tired signs? If you miss the window of opportunity, your baby is likely to become agitated and struggle to settle down.Today's challenge is to put your baby down to sleep as soon as he/she show signs of being tired.  

Here are some signs that your baby is settling down to sleep:

• Becomes more quiet.
  • Loses interest in people and toys.

• Increased fussiness.

do not disturb

Do you put your baby to bed while he/she is still awake or do you help baby fall asleep by rocking or nursing/feeding to sleep? What are some of your baby's tired signs? Share any tips that have worked for you?

One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $25 Walmart gift card!

Join Our Baby Sleep Time Challenge-Enter to Win $25!

by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM
I got mine on a schedule asap. They were still awake when I put them down.
Larsbug
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this

DS2 tells me when he's tired...he says "ba-ba ni-ni", if he doesn't do that he just stops playing with his brother, throws himself on the floor, and just stays there LOL

illeanaw
by New Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:08 PM
My son starts rubbing his eyes and getting more fussy, even if he was fine doing the same thing a minute ago. If he is super tires he will say "ni ni". I put him to sleep awake, and it works if he is that tired. He will just roll over in his crib and sleep.
RyleighJane
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I put her to bed when she acts yired. Trying to teach dh to do that when im at work! She comes over sucking her thumb and waves by or gets fussy. I take her upstairs and lay her down. Most the time shell go right to sleep.
Seximama23
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM

he is 3 months old. he will get fussy and squirmy and rubs his eyes., i put him down awake but sleepy

LorinLizziesMom
by New Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I help him fall asleep for now. He likes to nurse and hum himself to sleep. I can tell he is sleepy because he burys his face in my chest or rubs his eyes. He also does this sing-song whine too. 

ShannaBee
by New Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM
With my toddler, we have an established nap time. When she was younger, I noticed she was tired/cranky around the same time every day so we made 1pm nap time.
Nighttiger
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM
We put him down as soon as we think we can. However neither of my boys could be put down "awake but sleepy". They both turned into a screaming mess and since no cio until 6 months, usually they nursed or took a bottle to sleep.
christina122952
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Some signs that my baby is tired is she rubs her eyes or tugs her ear. My daughter is on a sleep schedule as well. I put her to bed while she is awake and I give her a bear she likes and she falls asleep.
AspensMama1537
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM
He usually nurses to sleep.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)