Baby Sleep Time Challenge Day 4: Set the Mood for Sleep!
From comfy pajamas to mobiles there are a number of things you can do to help set the mood for baby's sleep. Today's challenge is to create a sleep friendly environment!
Here are some tips to help your baby sleep:
- Keep the room at a comfortable temperature.
- Dress your baby comfortably so he/she won't get too hot or too cold overnight.
- Turn off the lights and close the blinds.
- Keep the light off during nighttime feedings, and use a soft voice.
- Use a firm and comfortable mattress for your baby.
- Use a mobile so your baby has a familiar focal point.
- Younger babies should have an empty crib, but older babies can have a comfort item such as a favorite blankie or stuffed animal.
- If you have a separation sensitive baby, leave a bit of yourself behind like a recording of your voice or an item with your scent.
- Stay calm when putting your baby to sleep. Young kids are very sensitive to a parent's feelings of frustration.
How do you set the mood for sleep? Does your baby sleep in your room or their own? Did your baby ever have their days and nights mixed up?
One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $25 Walmart gift card!