Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Baby Sleep Time Challenge Day 5: Refine the Routine!

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 8:27 AM
  • 39 Replies

Most babies thrive when they have a routine. Establishing a good sleep time routine will help set your baby up for successful sleep. Today's challenge is to refine your baby's sleep routine!

Consistency is crucial to creating a good sleep routine! When your baby is around 4 months old they should start to establish a sleep pattern. You will notice that they sleep longer at night and take 2 or 3 naps during the day. It's also around that age that babies are more aware of their surrounding and as a result, it's important to create a good sleep time routine.

boy n girl

What do you do while your baby naps? Do you ever get cabin fever being stuck in the house so much? What is your baby's nap/sleep schedule?

One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $25 Walmart gift card!

Join Our Baby Sleep Time Challenge-Enter to Win $25!

by on May. 9, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frzmamaof4
by on May. 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I usually try to get my house work done while she naps or relax if things are done. She takes 1-2 naps a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by on May. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM
I try to do house but my 2 yr old is at the hit or miss stage with his naps right now.
kman88
by New Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I sleep. DD isnt the best of sleepers during the night so Im exhausted and try and catch up on sleep whenever possible.

MommyLove707
by New Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I either spend time with my 3 year old or do some housework (laundry or dishes). Occasionally I can take a nap myself if they are both asleep, but those days are few and far between!
Seximama23
by on May. 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I try to marathon clean lol he only take 5-10 min naps about 4 times a day
rosemariehxo
by on May. 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM
While my baby naps I either do housework, I am in college so during the school year I do school work, relax, or sometimes nap too depending on how our night was! I love being home with my baby more than anything, no cabin fever here! He takes 3 naps a day and we start his night time routine around 7 every night.
SAHMTo1
by New Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM
My son takes a 30 minute to 1 hour nap in the morning a couple hours after he wakes up. And then a 2 to 3 hour nap after lunch. Most the time he sleeps on me so I am stuck on the couch while he naps. If I put him in his crib for naps he doesn't nap as long and then he's cranky.
theflash
by on May. 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM
I took up sewing lol but if I'm not doin that I'm catching up on my PVRed shows (since all day it's his shows)....he's 11m now n for the past month his nap routine changed...he either takes 1 2-3hr nap late morning or if that 1 is under 2hrs then he takes another nap around 2/3pm n it's the rest of the 3hrs lol
LorinLizziesMom
by New Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Timmy takes a nap typically from 10-12 and I use that time to finish school work and prep for the day. I also clean. I do get cabin fever but I combat it by working about 5 hours a week and walking to and from the school for my older kids twice a day. 

AspensMama1537
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM
My son usually will only nap in my lap. Which is annoying because he will nap on the couch for his dad! On the rare occasion that he naps with out being on my lap, my daughter is usually awake so I don't get a nap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)