Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

The bedroom is for the bed

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM
  • 33 Replies

Do you have a tv in your room?  The kids rooms?

My kids used to have a tv in their room with cable and a dvd player but when we moved I took it out. 

Now we have a tv in the living room, my room and dining room.  I have a roku for the living room, and a sony google tv for the living room and my room.  The tv in the dining room is just for games.  we have a old time sega with every built in game they ever made and a v-smile.

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:09 PM
We have one tv in the living room.
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Oh yeah, and one in the closet. Lol.
Annellyse
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We have TV's in the bedrooms.  I sleep with my TV on because of anxiety.  My kids TV's are typically just background noise because when they play, they drown out the TV anyway.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

well if you wanna go that way then we also have 2 in the basement lol

Quoting Bmama1: Oh yeah, and one in the closet. Lol.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM

That's like my kids too

Quoting Annellyse:

We have TV's in the bedrooms.  I sleep with my TV on because of anxiety.  My kids TV's are typically just background noise because when they play, they drown out the TV anyway.

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:25 PM
The LR is the main entertainment area. The little guy ( 4) has his kitchen tv area for when I cannot do one more DVD of Dora! He builds mostly when it's on anyway.

My DS (15) just got his own when lil bro started taking an interest in cartoons. His tv is just air channels and his WII ( soon to be upgraded, shhh!)

The tv in our room was a Christmas gift from my husband this past year. He got it so I can get away from gaming noises and hyper cartoon characters if needed.:-)

Only air channels... But w/ Netflix and my own DVD player, nice little set up for a little me time in my own space. DH does not watch the bedroom tv, it is truly just for me when I need a break.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 12:50 AM

The tv is currently in ds's room, but when we move this week I plan on putting it in the living room

Callaly
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

We have 1 TV, in the living room.

To me the bedroom for kids, is time to play, read books, wind down, alone time ect..
And we leave all electronics off during dinner ect..

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I have a TV in my bedroom and my younger DS has one in his bedroom, but we rarely watch them.  In fact, the one in DS's room isn't even hooked up to cable, he uses it only for watching the occasional movie or playing Wii games.  Mostly we watch tv in the living room.

Octobersmom
by on May. 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM

We're a tech family, tvs in all bedrooms and living room, computers for every family member, video game systems from NES up through PS3 hooked up to various tvs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN