Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Braces

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM
  • 16 Replies
My dd2 is having braces put on her legs monday to help her walk right and im freaking out. Has anyone else dealt with this or know someone who has?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I haven't. I hope it goes well. 

mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Me to. From what i understand i will have to turn the pins daily to straighten her legs out.

Quoting Noni2319:

I haven't. I hope it goes well. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I haven't but I hope it isn't too painful for her.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 2, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I've heard of kids needing braces. No one I knew personally though. 

Hope she does well with it.

mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 3, 2014 at 1:30 AM
So do I. I dont know if I will be able to stand turning the pins daily if its really painfull for her. I know I will have to do it to help her but still the thought of it hurting her just makes me cringe. You know what I mean?

Quoting amonkeymom:

I haven't but I hope it isn't too painful for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Thank you. So do I.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I've heard of kids needing braces. No one I knew personally though. 

Hope she does well with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

I don't know of anyone. Good luck to you both!

christina122952
by on May. 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM
No
esox
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I dont have personal experiences with leg braces that requre pin turning, but I did have a palet expander in my mouth with the other kind of braces. Some process basically. Turn once or twice per day to move bones. It didn't hurt too much. More like growing pains that every kid goes through anyways. The amount each turn does is so small that its not really noticable day to day. 

The experience I DO have with leg braces were with kids in the schools I worked with. They never seemed to mind them either. Most of the kids just had plastic braces that velcroed to their ankles & feet. Did the doc say there would be pins & rods involed?

mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 3, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes because she is extremely bowlegged. Her legs stay spread apart. She just cant seem to put them together. This was a last resort. Nothing else we did has worked. We r hoping this will work.

Quoting esox:

I dont have personal experiences with leg braces that requre pin turning, but I did have a palet expander in my mouth with the other kind of braces. Some process basically. Turn once or twice per day to move bones. It didn't hurt too much. More like growing pains that every kid goes through anyways. The amount each turn does is so small that its not really noticable day to day. 

The experience I DO have with leg braces were with kids in the schools I worked with. They never seemed to mind them either. Most of the kids just had plastic braces that velcroed to their ankles & feet. Did the doc say there would be pins & rods involed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)