Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Angel Wings:-)

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
As mother's day is fast approaching,give a shout out to the lady that raised you,or share your special story,mama's come in all forms,it can be a sister,aunt cousin daughter,grandma,step mom,friend or birth mother,each person deserves angel wings!!!

Here's my story. My mother lost her fight to breast cancer when I was 7,
My sister at age 16 stepped up to the plate an raised 5 of us siblings while my dad turned to alcohol,so my dear sister Deedee I give you angel wings today for the sacrifices you made. Your my hero.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Beautiful!angel mini

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM

My mom is the most kick ass lady I know. I dedicate this poem to her (I left off the last verse on purpose)

My mother taught me purple

Although she never wore it.
Wash-grey was her circle,
The tenement her orbit.

My mother taught me golden
And held me up to see it,
Above the broken moldings,
Beyond the filthy street.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I myself became a mom just a few short weeks after my 16th birthday. My sister gave birth to a baby she wasn't ready for. My daughter was the best gift I could have hoped for. 

Ricksmama
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Quoting paganbaby:

I myself became a mom just a few short weeks after my 16th birthday. My sister gave birth to a baby she wasn't ready for. My daughter was the best gift I could have hoped for. 

Sounds like your mama raised a great daughter an then in return your doing a great job as a mama so in my eyes you deserve angel wings. Proud of you friend
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 4, 2014 at 2:01 PM

My mom is my love.  She is battling cancer now and hoping to fight it.  She had help raising us with my grandma who passed away in 2006.  She grew wings when she stepped up to help.  She was always over protective and had unconditional love.  That is where my got her golden heart.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 4, 2014 at 2:02 PM

sorry for your loss op, sounds like your sister has a heart of gold.

5kidsILove
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My grandma Alberta and my grandma Edith (the landlady)

When I was two my bio mom left she couldn't raise a child.

My dad remarried to a woman who was an alcoholic drug addict and severely abused me.

In the middle of the night for no reason she would drag me out of bed by my foot dump me on the floor and beat me.

She would beat me for any little discretion real or imagined.

We had no food in the house And when we did she often sent me to bed without dinner.

Beatings could be with belts, a lead pipe, brooms, mops, high heeled shoes, etc.

I suffered black eyes bruises all over my body cuts etc.

I was trained to say I fell or tripped etc.

I was always sent to school with long pants and long sleeved tops even in the hot weather.

My clothes were always ripped stained free stuff from churches.

I was a slave and made to clean the whole house. Cat litter boxes, laundry, ironing, making beds, scrubbing floors, washing windows, doing dishes (because they often ate food take out) it all fell to me.

She would put ciggarettes out on my arms. My back. She ripped my hair out pulling it so hard. She threatened me that if I told she would kill everyone I loved.

My grandma had me on weekends during this time.

She purchased me beautiful clothes that my stepmom stole and sold so she began keeping the nice things at her house. She did my hair, nursed my wounds, played with me and begged me to tell her how I got the bruises I lied.

She accused my dad multiple times and lawyers told her she could not get custody because I wouldn't admit what was happening.

One day I spilled my stepmoms nail polish remover and ruined a table. They went crazy and I was beaten so badly.

My dad packed up a tiny amount of my stuff and drove me bleeding and bruised to my grandmas house she was working it was Friday night and she was a waitress. In downtown NJ. He didn't wait to see if grandma was home or the landlady who was just like a second grandma was home. He just left.

It was 3:30pm and the landlady was on a trip and my grandma didn't get off until 1am. I sat in the backyard praying no one would hurt me and hungry.

When grandma came home she was livid. I admitted they'd been beating me and she got a lawyer and got custody of me.

She got me in an expensive private school. She took on my two cats my dad had left with me when he dropped me there. She put herself through school and learned book keeping and got a job she could be home by 3:30 so I wouldn't be alone

I never went without a birthday party and gifts Christmas she got me nice clothing and haircuts and made homemade meals.

I had Halloween costumes a small list of chores and she never beat me.

We went to museums and movie theaters and out to eat and sang to music on the radio.

The landlady loved me too and did things with me and loved me just as much.

Grandma died when my oldest was 3. The landlady died three years ago. I miss them terribly and love them.

If heaven had a florist shop I would send them the biggest bouquets they offered.
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Quoting hayliedlr:

sorry for your loss op, sounds like your sister has a heart of gold.

Thanks my sister is my hero and you and your mama both deserve angel wings
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM

How fortunate you ladies were who had someone who picked you up and taught you unconditional love, and brought you through adversity. 

Happy Mother's Day to them. And you!

christina122952
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Beautiful
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN