Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Old Maid Or Spring Chicken????

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:11 AM
  • 25 Replies
Have you become the old maid that lived in a shoe? Or are you still a spring chicken??

I used to feel my age,and was in such a rut from bathtime,dinner,chores homework I just felt old an run down till,I realized my youngest age 12 had so much energy an I felt left out. So now I'm back to feeling like a spring chicken. Sure we still have the everyday life,chores an homework but not as scheduled as before. We just have fun

by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Hmm. Well I'm going with sspring chicken.
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Quoting Noni2319: Hmm. Well I'm going with sspring chicken.
That sounds good lol I know age is just a number so why dwell on it. I'm aiming to live each day to it's fullest
bhow
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:47 AM

few months ago it was old maid almost everyday, except maybe 2.

now it's spring chicken, will be til just after Thanksgiving and then I'll slow down again.

Ricksmama
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Quoting bhow:

now it's spring chicken, will be til just after Thanksgiving and then I'll slow down again.

I stay busy from October till new years we have so many party gatherings it gets crazy but I'm trying to stay active regardless an stay a spring chicken.
bhow
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I try too but I just go so much for so long I have to crash.  This summer is going to be nuts with weddings and graduations.  We know we don't have to attend everything but it seems all of the closet to us are having one or the other!!!  ugh!

We attended 2 events Saturday.

Quoting Ricksmama:
Quoting bhow:

I stay busy from October till new years we have so many party gatherings it gets crazy but I'm trying to stay active regardless an stay a spring chicken.

How2Be

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Spring chicken..I only feel like an old maid after a bad night at work..when I'm SO tired I can barely get home...

Ricksmama
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Quoting bhow:

I try too but I just go so much for so long I have to crash.  This summer is going to be nuts with weddings and graduations.  We know we don't have to attend everything but it seems all of the closet to us are having one or the other!!!  ugh!

Quoting Ricksmama:
Quoting bhow:

I know how you feel it's never ending lol but maybe that keeps us young at heart.
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Quoting 143myboys9496:

Spring chicken..I only feel like an old maid after a bad night at work..when I'm SO tired I can barely get home...

Awe honey I agree working can make you feel old before your time for sure.
bhow
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:20 AM

absolutely!  ;)

Quoting Ricksmama:
Quoting bhow:

Quoting Ricksmama:
Quoting bhow:

I know how you feel it's never ending lol but maybe that keeps us young at heart.

How2Be

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

We spread 12 yards of mulch in 6 hours. We had 3 of our neighborhood kids helping us, along with our younger ds. If it wasn't for them, it would have taken us at least another day if not 2 to finish. 

I was sore, but not too terrible. But then after the first hour, I didn't do that many wheel barrels. The boys did them. We had 2 wheel barrels and a big trash barrel being filled and dumped. One of the 3 neighborhood kids is a girl so her and I spread the mulch the guys did the hauling. 

First time doing that, that I wasn't sore for 3 days. I am SO grateful for their help. I mean 3 of them don't live here, and helped. 

Quoting Ricksmama:
Quoting 143myboys9496:

Awe honey I agree working can make you feel old before your time for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)