Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Am I in the minority?

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 20 Replies

The Star Wars post got me thinking, about movies. Dh and I like many of the same movies. But many movies I've seen with him, I wouldn't have watched if it wasn't for him. (make sense?)..and I think it's the same for him with me. 

I like a wide variety of movies..comedy(obviously..lol)..but I also LOVED Star Wars, Star Trek, and suspenseful movies..not bloody/horror..suspense, like Sixth Sense and The Others.

Then there are the movies where things blow up..many of them (not all) I reallllly like!!

Die Hard, Terminator movies, Rambo, Indiana Jones (I actually have the box set)...I know there are more because when dh flips by them I'm like "NO GO BACK!!" LOL

Not many women like movies where things blow up.

What kind of movies do you like? 

Are you and dh completely different or just a little bit?

Do you like movies where they blow up stuff? 

by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM

We watch some of the same things, but we also have different tastes completely. 

We both love 80s movies- The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Spaceballs, and of course the 80s action flicks like Die Hard...

I love musicals- he hates them. 

I love Harry Potter- he tolerates them.

I love The Lord of the Rings Triology and The Hobbit- he likes them, but not as much as I do... 

The Expendables and The Expendables 2... the 2nd one is my fave and I can't wait for the 3rd one to come out in August. He actually recorded the 2nd one on the DVR for me recently. :-) 

I love comedies and action... I will not watch suspense or horror as I'm a chicken. He watches tons of movies though. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
We like a lot of the same things and some different things.

I'm a big fan of action movies.
SpiritFortress
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I actually love movies where things blow up. lol

I like variety when it comes to movies. 

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
The fast and the furious are my favorite movies.Lol
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 7, 2014 at 7:59 AM

I loved those movies, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club! 

My older son took a sociology class in high school and he watched The Breakfast Club, I thought that was kind of cool. 

I also, LOVE Erin Brockovitch. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

We watch some of the same things, but we also have different tastes completely. 

We both love 80s movies- The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Spaceballs, and of course the 80s action flicks like Die Hard...

I love musicals- he hates them. 

I love Harry Potter- he tolerates them.

I love The Lord of the Rings Triology and The Hobbit- he likes them, but not as much as I do... 

The Expendables and The Expendables 2... the 2nd one is my fave and I can't wait for the 3rd one to come out in August. He actually recorded the 2nd one on the DVR for me recently. :-) 

I love comedies and action... I will not watch suspense or horror as I'm a chicken. He watches tons of movies though. 

la_bella_vita
by on May. 7, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I love a wide variety of movies. I like superhero, action, fantasy, sci-fi, romance and I'll really watch just about anything. We both like a lot of the same movies.

SugarbearNHoney
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM

MARVEL SUPERHERO MOVIES ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 7, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I'm not big on action films.  I did like terminator (2) and indiana jones and the temple of doom only.  I like super natural horror movies the best.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 7, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I'm not big on action films.  I did like terminator (2) and indiana jones and the temple of doom only.  I like super natural horror movies the best.

purplemom3777
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I have to be in the mood to watch a comedy or action. I like thrillers, some dramas. Hate romance, but the funny thing is I LOVE the twilight saga. Horror is my favorite.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)