Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What Are Your Favorite Items In Your Diaper Bag?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 122 Replies

Is there one thing you've found that makes your travels with your baby that much easier?

Moms love lists, so we encourage you to create a list of all of the items you feel are important in a baby's diaper bag. 

CafeMom gave 15 moms $50 Walmart Gift Cards to use to pack the ultimate diaper bag.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina122952
by on May. 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Diapers

Wipes

Extra clothes

Snacks

Bottles

I get my daughter shot records in there

Suntan lotion

A few toys
articmom
by on May. 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Diapers
Wipes
Sippy
Snacks
$10 for Emergencies
KaciSmith13
by on May. 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Diapers

Wipes

Snack containers

Bottled water

Sippy

Extra clothes

Toy to distract baby

Diaper rash Cream

Baby Lotion

Baby Shampoo

Burp cloth

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Coconut oil, diapers, washcloths, extra clothes, water bottles, cups, snacks, toys, quarters (for vending machines)
I usually keep paper and writing utensils in the bag too. Crayons and pencils for dd and markers for ds. I usually keep a metrocard in there too for emergencies, but it just expired and I haven't remembered to exchange it yet.
I usually keep bandages in there too, but I ran out. I could use a few replacements of some things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeybelle83
by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I went shopping! 

I got:

Re-usable pouches for foods (like applesauce, or purees)

Spoons to attach to the pouches

Bowls with lids for snacks

Sippy Cup

Socks

Outfit

Bandaids

Neosporin

Sunscreen

Teether toy

Toothbrush

Snacks

We cloth diaper so I didn't need to get diapers or wipes. 

Now, about us! 

I am 30, my husband is 35. We have one son, Jacoby. He's almost 10 months old. The Walmart closest to us isn't a super center, so selection is pretty limited in comparison to the larger stores. I was pretty excited about the reusable food pouches for food on the go. We have a TON of baby food still and spoon feeding isn't always a good option. Overall the shopping was fun, and I got the opportunity to try new things. My favorite thing though, has to be the snacks and extra outfit. My son loves his 'puffs' and they make it easier for me to be able to eat a meal without him screaming while I get his fixed. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

leanntx
by on May. 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Diapers
Wipes
Extra outfit
Nail clippers
Sippy cups (2)
Diaper cream
Hot wheels
Mom2Just1
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I couldn't live without my nursing cover for early months of nursing. We just require clothes, diapers, wipes, toys, sippy cup after a year. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

leanntx
by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM
LO's diaper bag was too big for what he needs now, so I bought him a new, smaller diaper bag, a new sippy cup, a snack ball, 2 toy cars, and a new grooming kit (brush, comb, mini spray bottle, and nail clippers). At this point, that's really all he needs other than diapers, wipes, and diaper cream.

Quoting leanntx: Diapers
Wipes
Extra outfit
Nail clippers
Sippy cups (2)
Diaper cream
Hot wheels
christina122952
by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I can't wait to go shopping this weekend.
missymackie
by on May. 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Hello! A little about myself, I'm 23 with a rambunctious two year old daughter. I'm from Connecticut. I went shopping today with my Walmart gift card. Some of the things I got today for the diaper bag were-

A pair of sandals-she goes through shoes like crazy, especially in the summer since we're always outside and I always like to have an extra pair handy

A snack cup-great for when we're out

A bag of goldfish-her favorite snack

Crayola color wonder paper and markers-this will keep her busy when we go out to eat or at a doctors appointment and most importantly won't make a giant mess

My shopping experience was about the same as every time I go to Walmart. They didn't have a big selection of toddler shoes and I actually noticed that they are the same exact shoes that were out last summer, so that was a bit of a disappointment. They had a lot of clothes but like usual the baby section was a mess and I couldn't find anything I liked in her size (2t). The food section was surprisingly neat. I checked out the book section because I thought it would be a nice treat for myself to get a book but the selection was really poor so I didn't get one. My checkout experience was awesome! The cashier was really nice. I still actually have a few dollars left so the next time I'm at walmart I'll use it.

One thing I've learned about stocking a diaper bag is always always have some type of snack on hand! Nothing is worse than a hungry toddler!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)