Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Brushing teeth at kitchen sink - ICK or OK?

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Should brushing teeth be allowed at the kitchen sink?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 89

View Results

So my teenage son and I just had an argument this morning, he says that my rule about brushing teeth at the kitchen sink ( I do not allow it) is ridiculous.  Not wanting to be stubborn or stuck in my ways, I must ask.  Should brushing teeth at the kitchen sink be allowed? 

by on May. 9, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
No that's nasty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 9, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't think so.  

rescuekim
by on May. 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM
10 moms liked this

I don't see what the big deal it. It's a sink.  You spit, you rinse.  It's not like he's peeing in it!

gracef282
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Its no different to dirty dishes. Just long as the sink is washed down.
JodyLane555
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:57 PM

My 17 yo daughter does it every morning, I dont know why and I guess i dont really care but I cant stand that she leaves her toothbrush and toothpaste by the sink : )

mamakin616
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I haven't had tooth brushes in my bathroom for years..Ever since I saw a test done on the fecal matter that is in the air in the bathrooms..The fecal matter was found in the toothbrushes..I also saw a similar test done on the show that has the two british woman who clean houses..I can't remember the name of the show right now..But look it up..I was disgusted when I saw the reults .
Momofmenagerie
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey, kid is brushing his teeth! There 's a win right there! Also, much more gross things go into a kitchen sink than spit .

Sorry , I think this a rule just to have a rule. However, I have one bathroom and it seems it is always " occupied " for night time brushings. We have extra toothbrushes tucked away very sanitary for just that reason.

If the teeth are getting brushed , I could care less where it happens.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 9, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

why not? it has running water, it's easily cleaned.  dirty dishes sit in the sink.

NeonGirl9583
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Ew nasty!
Brehi
by on May. 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Quoting mamakin616: I haven't had tooth brushes in my bathroom for years..Ever since I saw a test done on the fecal matter that is in the air in the bathrooms..The fecal matter was found in the toothbrushes..I also saw a similar test done on the show that has the two british woman who clean houses..I can't remember the name of the show right now..But look it up..I was disgusted when I saw the reults .

that is gross! They probably aren't putting the toilet seat down before flushing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)