Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Its Mothers Day I should be happy but I'm not..

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

I'm a single mom, I spent the day with MY mom and my beautiful 5yr old daughter..

It really was a great day I just can't get over Mother's Day 2006.

I lost a baby around 3-4 months along..was engaged and living with that babies dad..

After that our relationship basically went to s***.. I moved home and was in a really bad depression.. Got over it met my daughters dad and now I have my beautiful daughter.. (I'm currently working on the relationship w/ my ex)

Every Mothers Day I get all mopey about the loss..why can't I just enjoy the present?

crying

by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
charlismomma87
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM

BUMP!

charlismomma87
by on May. 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM

BUMP!

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss.  

I get mopey around the anniversary of my loss as well, and that was 14 years ago!  I think it's pretty normal and since it happened on Mother's day for you, it makes it all that much more bittersweet a day.

charlismomma87
by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm so sorry about your loss.  

I get mopey around the anniversary of my loss as well, and that was 14 years ago!  I think it's pretty normal and since it happened on Mother's day for you, it makes it all that much more bittersweet a day.

I'm very sorry for your loss

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I'm sorry

charlismomma87
by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Quoting hayliedlr:

I'm sorry

thanks <3

aphrodite7400
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:06 PM

awww hugs mama! i think what you are going through is normal to feel that way after such a loss!  i hope it gets better soon-

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 13, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Understandable. I lost my 1st pregnancy. I was devistated, for a long, long, long time. 

Then I realized, if I'd had that first baby I wouldn't have the 2 wonderful handsome young men I do now. I came to accept that everything happens for a reason. And since I have 2 really super awesome sons, I believe my family has a special angel looking over all of us. 

For me it's been almost 21 years. (that baby was due in Sept), even still I used to wonder what "would have been". 

I take alot of comfort believing that things happen for a reason, and we have our own extra-special angel.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM

:hugs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)