Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Where do babies come from?

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM
  • 17 Replies

How did you explain it to your child?

Best 'Where Do Babies Come From?' Explanations Parents Have Given Kids

by Suzee Skwiot

story carrying baby"Where do babies come from?" That's the dreaded question every parent hears at some point. But how do you approach it? You can go the traditional route and stick with the stork tale or the good old "well, when mommy and daddy love each other" story. Or, if you're the type that doesn't hold back, you can give them all the dirty details. Heck, maybe you can even show your child her own birth video.

Or, you could do what these parents did and get creative with your explanations. Bring in some imaginative vegetables, crazy explanations for 'tools,' or just straight-up lies. Chances are, your kids will buy it.

Here's how some parents explained 

How did you explain "where babies come from" to your kids?

by on May. 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM

My kids never asked. I was showing them their ultrasounds from the time they were two or so. They just pretty much grew up knowing about sex, sperm and the egg. They even know how gay couples can have babies.

PeachQuean
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I just told them th from the start. Very young when we started the whole explanation of it all, no.creativity just straightforward talking.
and from there onto how they are born

My.oldest was like 2.5 yr old and we used to watch live birth stories and csection on documentaries on tv. Lol

She was 6 when she attended the homebirth of her sister. Lol

mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM

I answered honestly when they asked.

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on May. 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Mobile Photo

Honestly

christina122952
by on May. 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM
My daughter is too young to ask she is 8 months old
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM

They haven't asked. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM

My kids never asked either.  We just talked about it, and it helped that I was pregnant at the age that my daughter started getting curious about it so I was able to explain it on her level.

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 16, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I give them the info needed for their age and level of development when they ask questions, then eventually give them the clean but clear facts when it is age appropriate.

Although my youngest has told me since she was little, before we told her anything about babies and where they came from, that she came from heaven. She told me, Mommy when I was up in heaven waiting to be born I just hung out with Jesus and talked to the other babies while we waited for our turn.  Yep, it's one of my favorite things to here her talk about.

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 16, 2014 at 3:37 PM

LOL, that made me giggle.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Mobile Photo

Honestly

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on May. 16, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
That's my favorite movie quote lol

Quoting Thelmama:

LOL, that made me giggle.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Mobile Photo

Honestly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)