Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Rant

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 10:45 PM
  • 22 Replies
I really hate it when people give me weird/cold looks when they ask me where my kids are and I tell them that Mommy needed a break. Its usually the ones w/out kids. Its like seriously? Until you have kids dont judge me pple! Here I am a single mom raising 3 kids doing the best I can. So yes sometimes I need a break. I dont think theres anything wrong with that is there? My kids have food, clean clothes, shoes, a roof over their heads, beds to sleep in and lots of love! Thats all they need! Rant over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on May. 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Hell no, there is nothing wrong with needing a break. I was married with only one kid and I needed a break once in a while. LOL
mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Next time dont tell them youre taking a break.

mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 18, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL! Mommies need me time! Its not like I leave them with strangers. They either go to my moms or my brothers! And they love it! I never force them to go. They ask me alot if they can go! I love them but they can be a handfull sometimes! LOL!

Quoting offrdngal: Hell no, there is nothing wrong with needing a break. I was married with only one kid and I needed a break once in a while. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 18, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Getting a break actually makes you a better mom. You get your batteries recharged and puts you in a better place than if you ran around with empty batteries all the time. 

I'm not a single mom, and still needed time for me. Makes you human. 

Judgy people really irk me.

mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Me 2! I bet when they have kids their tune will change though! LOL!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Getting a break actually makes you a better mom. You get your batteries recharged and puts you in a better place than if you ran around with empty batteries all the time. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM

LOL..Oh to be a fly on their harried wall...

Quoting mamasheart2012: Me 2! I bet when they have kids their tune will change though! LOL!
Quoting 143myboys9496:

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Everyone needs a break sometimes. And I bet after your break you go back feeling better which in turn makes you a better parent.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 19, 2014 at 4:06 PM

There's nothing wrong with having a break.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I had a friend that was all judgy when it came to motherhood and she didn't have kids.  She was one that said she would never let anyone watch her kids.  Now she has 4 and her 2 year old is barely with her.  She dumps him onto her other friend any chance she gets.

mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 23, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Perfect example of my point. Havent they ever heard of date night or mommy time?

Quoting hayliedlr:

I had a friend that was all judgy when it came to motherhood and she didn't have kids.  She was one that said she would never let anyone watch her kids.  Now she has 4 and her 2 year old is barely with her.  She dumps him onto her other friend any chance she gets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)