Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Identity Theft??

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM
  • 20 Replies
Recently we was told to change our password to our eBay account because someone hacked the site,so I'm just wondering has anyone been thru this?
I mean it makes you feel violated!! It's sad to know anyone at anytime can be watching your every move ugh creepy:-(
by on May. 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disneymom2two
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:25 AM

My walmart account was hacked into and I had to have it deleted  which pissed me off since I ordered most of my pictures through there and I lost the ones that were stored; some ass ordered baby clothes and some sort of modem.  I felt very violated.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM
We used a card at Target in the time they were hacked or whatever. And had to get a new number.
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Quoting disneymom2two:

My walmart account was hacked into and I had to have it deleted  which pissed me off since I ordered most of my pictures through there and I lost the ones that were stored; some ass ordered baby clothes and some sort of modem.  I felt very violated.

So sorry to hear that,that's what is going on with eBay worldwide it's creepy and makes you feel violated so I'm sure you do feel the same:-(
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Quoting Noni2319: We used a card at Target in the time they were hacked or whatever. And had to get a new number.
Awe yes I remember the target stores was hit hard during Christmas. Did anyone purchase off of your card?
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM
No. We got a new one because they reissued cards to anyone that shopped there during the dates affected.

I did have fraudulent charges on a cards a couple times. Twice in 12 years. Once I got it reissued and then had fraudulent charges again. I didn't even use the card. So I closed that account. The second time I suspect how they got the number and had it reissued and no more problems.

Quoting Ricksmama:
Quoting Noni2319: We used a card at Target in the time they were hacked or whatever. And had to get a new number.
Awe yes I remember the target stores was hit hard during Christmas. Did anyone purchase off of your card?
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Quoting Noni2319: No. We got a new one because they reissued cards to anyone that shopped there during the dates affected.

I did have fraudulent charges on a cards a couple times. Twice in 12 years. Once I got it reissued and then had fraudulent charges again. I didn't even use the card. So I closed that account. The second time I suspect how they got the number and had it reissued and no more problems.

Quoting Ricksmama:
Well I'm glad you have it all resolved
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on May. 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM

We had the same problem but with PayPal. Someone tried to change the password, security questions, and something else. I got 4 emails from them and a phone call all within an hour of each other. 

What irritates me, is that they won't/can't tell me where/how this occured. 

It's like the theif has more rights than I do...

allstarmommy
by New Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I'm going through that bullsh*t now. DH and I tried to buy a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom townhouse. We filled out all the paperwork and the only thing left to do was run a credit check. 2 days later we got a call telling us we didn't get the townhouse. When we ask why they said I had several things show up on my credit report that were in my maiden name. So when DH and I got home we pulled my credit report up to see what they were talking about and sure enough there was a sh*t load of negative stuff on there and all in my maiden. Dh contacted one of his friends who is a lawyer to help sort the mess out and find out what happen. Turns out one of my church members had stolen my identity,she went to California and rented a car in my name and never returned it she also went to Texas and rented an apartment in my name and then broke the lease and left the place trashed. She also got a bunch of speeding tickets in both CA and TX .It was a nightmare trying to sort all that crap out. And when they caught her in CA and questioned her about the car she rented in 2010 and never returned she told them I flew out to CA and helped her rent the car so she could find a job and get back on her feet again. So my lawyer calls and asked me did I remember what I was doing on September 20th 2010 because that's the date she said I flew out to CA to help her rent the car. I told my lawyer I knew exactly where I was and what I was doing on that date, I was at the hospital having an emergency c-section to give birth to my DD. My lawyer laughed and said well that's and iron clad alibi. We are still trying to straighten everthing out. Its a nightmare I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy.
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Quoting 143myboys9496:

We had the same problem but with PayPal. Someone tried to change the password, security questions, and something else. I got 4 emails from them and a phone call all within an hour of each other. 

What irritates me, is that they won't/can't tell me where/how this occured. 

It's like the theif has more rights than I do...

I totally agree an feel the same
Ricksmama
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Quoting allstarmommy: I'm going through that bullsh*t now. DH and I tried to buy a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom townhouse. We filled out all the paperwork and the only thing left to do was run a credit check. 2 days later we got a call telling us we didn't get the townhouse. When we ask why they said I had several things show up on my credit report that were in my maiden name. So when DH and I got home we pulled my credit report up to see what they were talking about and sure enough there was a sh*t load of negative stuff on there and all in my maiden. Dh contacted one of his friends who is a lawyer to help sort the mess out and find out what happen. Turns out one of my church members had stolen my identity,she went to California and rented a car in my name and never returned it she also went to Texas and rented an apartment in my name and then broke the lease and left the place trashed. She also got a bunch of speeding tickets in both CA and TX .It was a nightmare trying to sort all that crap out. And when they caught her in CA and questioned her about the car she rented in 2010 and never returned she told them I flew out to CA and helped her rent the car so she could find a job and get back on her feet again. So my lawyer calls and asked me did I remember what I was doing on September 20th 2010 because that's the date she said I flew out to CA to help her rent the car. I told my lawyer I knew exactly where I was and what I was doing on that date, I was at the hospital having an emergency c-section to give birth to my DD. My lawyer laughed and said well that's and iron clad alibi. We are still trying to straighten everthing out. Its a nightmare I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy.
Omg that's terrible,and it's like she has more rights than you. I hope they nail her to the wall before she strikes again. Best of wishes my friend
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)