Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

FFS You were NOT attacked by a dog!

Posted by on May. 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 29 Replies

I'm am so sick and tied of people claiming they were attacked by dogs. 

I was at Petco the other day talking to a cashier. She told me she doesn't ever take her dogs out because she and her little dog was attacked by another dog. She said they were just walking down the street when a neighbor opened his gate and his dog got out. I asked how badly her and her dog were hurt. She said they weren't hurt at all, the dog never touched them. He just jumped around and barked a lot. Seriously?!

The lady I babysit for said her and her daughters were attacked by a neighbors pitbull. He ran outside and jumped on the mom and scratched her. I asked if he was barking or growling. She said no, he just ran around, chased them and jumped on them. (Ummm... that sounds a lot like what my dogs do when I get home)

And lastly, my neighbor justified taking a wrench to my dogs face because she "attacked" and by that I mean barked, at his family.

Bottom line is, if you were not bit it was not a dog attack!!!!

by on May. 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Well if they tried to bite but you managed to avoid it, then it was an attack. My aunts dog attacked my son but my uncle managed to knock the dog away from him before it bit him. We don't go to her house because she refuses to acknowledge that the dog is visious and put him up.

But I see your point. Dogs bark and sometimes jump on people but aren't necessarily attacking.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I would see that as more of an attempted attack. A dog attack requires aggressive contact (usually biting) often times resulting in bodily injury or damage to your belongings (backpack, clothing, ect) ETA

I don't blame you one bit for not bringing your son over there. God forbid my dogs showed any sign of aggression toward family, they would never be allowed around them.

Quoting Noni2319: Well if they tried to bite but you managed to avoid it, then it was an attack. My aunts dog attacked my son but my uncle managed to knock the dog away from him before it bit him. We don't go to her house because she refuses to acknowledge that the dog is visious and put him up. But I see your point. Dogs bark and sometimes jump on people but aren't necessarily attacking.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 27, 2014 at 2:31 PM
He got a giant egg on his head from hitting the wall. I'm not even sure what would happen if he got bit. He's allergic to dog salvia and gets a rash within seconds after being licked.

She's in serious denial about it. He's bitten 2 of my cousins. They were bigger. Around 11 I think at the time. My son was 3.

Quoting paganbaby:

I would see that as more of an attempted attack. A dog attack requires aggressive contact (usually biting) resulting in injury.

I don't blame you one bit for not bringing your son over there. God forbid my dogs showed any sign of aggression toward family, they would never be allowed around them.

Quoting Noni2319: Well if they tried to bite but you managed to avoid it, then it was an attack. My aunts dog attacked my son but my uncle managed to knock the dog away from him before it bit him. We don't go to her house because she refuses to acknowledge that the dog is visious and put him up.

But I see your point. Dogs bark and sometimes jump on people but aren't necessarily attacking.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Poor baby! She really needs to keep that dog away from children. I hope your cousins weren't hurt too badly.

Quoting Noni2319: He got a giant egg on his head from hitting the wall. I'm not even sure what would happen if he got bit. He's allergic to dog salvia and gets a rash within seconds after being licked. She's in serious denial about it. He's bitten 2 of my cousins. They were bigger. Around 11 I think at the time. My son was 3.
Quoting paganbaby:

I would see that as more of an attempted attack. A dog attack requires aggressive contact (usually biting) resulting in injury.

Quoting Noni2319: Well if they tried to bite but you managed to avoid it, then it was an attack. My aunts dog attacked my son but my uncle managed to knock the dog away from him before it bit him. We don't go to her house because she refuses to acknowledge that the dog is visious and put him up. But I see your point. Dogs bark and sometimes jump on people but aren't necessarily attacking.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

crystalplus1
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I had a dog kill the pants i was wearing. I had a small scrape.

It was odd because the owner let him out and said hes good around females, so he (the dog) was letting me pet and love on him, i was in a chair, but as soon as i stood up he started trying to attack.  Scared the crap out of me, put a tooth scrape on my leg and made the owner feel like crap, took me to buy new pants.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Oh wow! I'm glad it wasn't worse and he took responsibility for it. Did you ever go back and was the dog there?

Quoting crystalplus1:

It was odd because the owner let him out and said hes good around females, so he (the dog) was letting me pet and love on him, i was in a chair, but as soon as i stood up he started trying to attack.  Scared the crap out of me, put a tooth scrape on my leg and made the owner feel like crap, took me to buy new pants.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Meg2011425
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM
I was like 9 when I got attacked by my aunts dog. He ran after me and bit my ankle. But if you weren't bit or hurt I don't see why anyone would say it's an attack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalplus1
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Yeah i went back but they always made sure the dog was put up. He was the husbands trucking dog, so he wanted him to be a bit of a jerk, then when he got married the dog became the wife and children protector for while he was gone. I probably just moved to fast for him and thats when he fliped out. Because he was so sweet while i was petting on him.

Quoting paganbaby:

Oh wow! I'm glad it wasn't worse and he took responsibility for it. Did you ever go back and was the dog there?

Quoting crystalplus1:

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Ouch! How did your aunt deal with it?

And I'm so with you here. 

Quoting Meg2011425: I was like 9 when I got attacked by my aunts dog. He ran after me and bit my ankle. But if you weren't bit or hurt I don't see why anyone would say it's an attack.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM

That's good. And ahhh, that explains his behavior. Still as much as you want your dog for protection you can't encourage aggressive behavior.

Quoting crystalplus1:

Yeah i went back but they always made sure the dog was put up. He was the husbands trucking dog, so he wanted him to be a bit of a jerk, then when he got married the dog became the wife and children protector for while he was gone. I probably just moved to fast for him and thats when he fliped out. Because he was so sweet while i was petting on him.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting crystalplus1:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)