Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Orange is the new black

Posted by on May. 28, 2014 at 9:41 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have heard great reviews on this show on netflix so I watched it and OMG!!  It is grotesque, vulgur, blah.  Some familar faces appear on this show too. 

Have you seen this show?

What do you think of it?

by on May. 28, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamasheart2012
by Donna on May. 28, 2014 at 10:48 PM
No and I dont plan on watching it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by New Member on May. 28, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
After finishing Weeds (same writer or something) I watched orange. It was pretty campy and funny for a show about prison. The first 2 episodes were more dark. But I didn't find it disturbing. I don't love the way the season ended. My husband didn't care for it because of the all female cast. He said the prison guards didn't really count as core characters. I liked the way it showed the people's backstory so it was more understandable why they committed their crimes.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Quoting AmaliaD: After finishing Weeds (same writer or something) I watched orange. It was pretty campy and funny for a show about prison. The first 2 episodes were more dark. But I didn't find it disturbing. I don't love the way the season ended. My husband didn't care for it because of the all female cast. He said the prison guards didn't really count as core characters. I liked the way it showed the people's backstory so it was more understandable why they committed their crimes.

I liked the back stories but they showed details of private parts, "eating out", starvation blah

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2014 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVED it and can't wait for season 2 coming out next friday.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Never heard of it

Noni2319
by Chrissy on May. 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I haven't seen it.
fryshannon34
by Member on May. 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This is one of my favorites! I cant wait until next Friday for Season 2 to start!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 30, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I've heard it's really good and want to watch it.  Maybe after I watch the rest of Switched at Birth.

Kimberlynn
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
I added it to my list on Netflix, but I haven't watched it yet.
MCA23
by on May. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Quoting AmaliaD: After finishing Weeds (same writer or something) I watched orange. It was pretty campy and funny for a show about prison. The first 2 episodes were more dark. But I didn't find it disturbing. I don't love the way the season ended. My husband didn't care for it because of the all female cast. He said the prison guards didn't really count as core characters. I liked the way it showed the people's backstory so it was more understandable why they committed their crimes.

I watched all of Weeds, too... those last couple of seasons were hard to get through.   Nancy was never really that great of a person, but man she really sucked towards the end.  Really liked how they ended it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)