Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

what kind of twisted evil is this?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:22 AM
  • 25 Replies
http://nypost.com/2014/06/03/tween-girls-stabb-friend-19-times-to-prove-horror-meme-is-real/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Two twelve year old girls calmly plan to murder their best friend to fufill some mythical challenge they read about on the internet. Where were any of these kids parents? Why were theyallowed access to this material? How did these kids get so sociopathic? They arent even sorry. The victim survived being stabbed 19 times
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:33 AM

How sad. 12 years old, being tried as adults. 

momaof8
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:39 AM
Quoting 143myboys9496:

They need to be tried as adults thats not the sad part. The sad part is what turned them into sociopaths? They are not even sorry.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Sorry, I'm not saying the shouldn't be tried as adults. I'm just saying it's a crying shame this is happening when these kids are 12. Think about it, they're still...puppies. (so to speak)

You know, sometimes, it's just how the DNA mixes together. There's been nothing more about the parents of these 2 killers?

Quoting momaof8:
Quoting 143myboys9496:

They need to be tried as adults thats not the sad part. The sad part is what turned them into sociopaths? They are not even sorry.

momaof8
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Quoting 143myboys9496:

Sorry, I'm not saying the shouldn't be tried as adults. I'm just saying it's a crying shame this is happening when these kids are 12. Think about it, they're still...puppies. (so to speak)

You know, sometimes, it's just how the DNA mixes together. There's been nothing more about the parents of these 2 killers?

Quoting momaof8:
Quoting 143myboys9496:

They are from two different families. Whathappened to twist them soo bad?
momaof8
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Bump
bottomline
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM

This story made me gasp. I mean how do kids get this "killing" notion into their heads in the first place? I don't blame the parents, I blame the kids. They are 12, they know right from wrong by that age. Unless they are developmentally challenged, they knew what killing meant when they stabbed their friend.  The sickest part was that they plotted it for months. That shows those girls' psychotic potential right there. 

I don't think our legal system is prepared to deal with 12 yr old cold blooded killers. How can they be reformed when their minds can so easily be controlled? This time it was a fictional online meme, what if this had been an actual person directing them? Would they have stopped at just one? I had never heard of "slenderman" but I hope the authorities are looking into it now? 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:00 PM
It's so awful.
momaof8
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Quoting bottomline:

This story made me gasp. I mean how do kids get this "killing" notion into their heads in the first place? I don't blame the parents, I blame the kids. They are 12, they know right from wrong by that age. Unless they are developmentally challenged, they knew what killing meant when they stabbed their friend.  The sickest part was that they plotted it for months. That shows those girls' psychotic potential right there. 

I don't think our legal system is prepared to deal with 12 yr old cold blooded killers. How can they be reformed when their minds can so easily be controlled? This time it was a fictional online meme, what if this had been an actual person directing them? Would they have stopped at just one? I had never heard of "slenderman" but I hope the authorities are looking into it now? 

Slender man was a horror story character on a horror web site if the parents were doing their job their 12 year olds would never have been allowed to view that material. They would have noticed their childrens mindset.
bottomline
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I disagree. The environment in which we raise out kids is not the only environment they live in. Kids learn from other kids, from all sorts of different areas in their lives. It's not just what the parents say and do that make kids act the way they do.

Quoting momaof8:
Quoting bottomline:

Slender man was a horror story character on a horror web site if the parents were doing their job their 12 year olds would never have been allowed to view that material. They would have noticed their childrens mindset.

momaof8
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM

It is paying attention to your kids. It is seeing how they are acting,knowing where they are going,what is their mindset. I think you would notice a sociopath in your house.

Quoting bottomline:

I disagree. The environment in which we raise out kids is not the only environment they live in. Kids learn from other kids, from all sorts of different areas in their lives. It's not just what the parents say and do that make kids act the way they do.

Quoting momaof8:
Quoting bottomline:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN