Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Mom's with blogs, I need your help!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi moms!

I have been reading through the forum and it is such a great place. I absolutely love it. I need help with blogs. I know some of you have them and I want to learn more.

I am wanting to do a blog because I live far from most of my family and friends and I feel a bit disconnected with them. I want to get them more involved in what's happening over here and do pics and whatnot of the kids. I just need advice on how to get it going. There are so many companies with templates and services that I don't know where to start.

I've seen some of the blogs that other moms have on this forum and I'm wondering if it's best to go through a specific blogging site like Blogger or should I get my own blog with a domain name and get a hosting service for it. There are companies like this that do it all, this one is called 1and1 (there's the link if you are interested), they do domains and other things for websites and have packages. There are other companies that do stuff like this too but is this the best route for me?

there are just so many options and I don't know where to start or how to narrow it down. I'm overwhelmed thinking about how to get it started but I know once I got all that sorted it'll be fine. I love writing letter and journaling so this will be a fun hobby that I really look forward to doing. I need some guidance on how to get there though!

Thanks moms :)

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM
That sounds like a great idea. I don't blog so I'm not up on the pros and cons of the different options.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I don't have a blog, but I wish you lots of luck! :)
kcangel63
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on if you want to pay for your blog.

I use blogger because it's easy for me and it's free.

Here are my 2 blogs. I don't blog a ton, so I don't feel a need to pay for it.

Family/birth/pregnancy blog

http://ourbirthjourneys.blogspot.com

Food blog

http://spoonsandfires.blogspot.com
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

A few of my friends use blogspot.

Good luck with yours!

A1OnTheRun
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies.

I'm starting to work on my blog and went the paid route and it's been really good learning how this all works. It's been something I wanted to do (website stuff) for a while and this seems like some really good introductory work to the area.

Thanks for your support ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN