Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Party in the back yard???.

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM
  • 17 Replies

LOL. I posted what I was planning to feed the kids for lunch.  Cheese Quesadillas.  I do that from time to time because the kids I babysit, their parents are my friends on facebook.  I do it so they can kind of have a part in their kids' day. 

Anyway, another friend who has a grown son says...what time are you eating...it was only 10ish. I said noon but I like to post my plan cause having a plan helps things go smoother. She liked it and then said "I'll be over at noon".  I thought she was kidding and said LOL, be forewarned there will be 9 kids up in this house this afternoon because some friends are coming over with their kids. 2 moms and their 4 kids. She said okay....see you then and to justify it? Said I will bring you that swimsuit that I was going to give you.

So she invited herself over......LOL.  Okay the more the merrier but she is not a big fan of kids. She says that all the time...LMBO.  I fortunately have enough stuff to add her to the lunch menu plans as the other ladies and their kids aren't coming until 1.  I bet she will have had her fill when she leaves. I wonder, will she invite herself again.  LOL LOL LOL 

9 Kids and 4 ladies.....I ought to record her....LMBO when the kids start driving her batty.  She asked for it...LOL LOL LOL.

I think I will make some cookies and stuff to add to the afternoon snacks since I have more people coming......this party keeps growing.........LOL

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like fun! I can't believe she invited herself. I don't have the..hoots-pa to do that. 

The best parties, are the ones that fall together last minute. I bet you all will have a blast!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:02 PM

LMBO when she realized how many kids were going to be here and it looked like rain she changed her mind. LMBO, she said it was because she remembered she needed to go to the grocery store. She texted me after 12. I literally LOL.  Glad she is my friend cause she keeps me guessing.  It cracked me up.  Love her to pieces but that was funny.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Oh and one of the friend's didn't show either because she ended up keeping her grandbaby and she has a double ear infection and was miserable. She has grown kids and then suprise she had twins. They are 6.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Sounds like a good time. I hope the rain held off. It' bugs me when people invite themselves.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM

It rained so me and my friend that did come suffered through Frozen, yet again. LOL LOL LOL.

I should be used to her doing that. She does it to people at church a lot, where we met.  

Quoting Noni2319: Sounds like a good time. I hope the rain held off. It' bugs me when people invite themselves.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:06 PM

That's really rude

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Yes, but I am used to her doing it. But what is funny, is she didn't show because of all the kids. LOL. Guess that is a good thing to have, lots of kids in the house. LOL LOL LOL

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

How did the day turn out?

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Oh and she has been told by myself and others that this is not cool. She does it anyway. To her friends go to friends houses whenever they want, go food shopping together at the drop of a hat and tell each other all their secrets.  Shrugs. I don't tell her my stuff between dh and I. It infuriates her and she says I am not a "good friend". Oh well, my stuff between dh and I is OUR Business alone.  She invites herself to anyone and everyone's house, etc etc.  She was even told this isn't the way people do things here. She grew up in Brooklyn. She says that's the way they do it there. Funny thing is my mil is also a NYer and she does NOT do these things.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:11 PM

It was great. She didn't show but we had fun, lol. I made mini chocolate chip cookies and put cookies and cream ice cream in between and refroze. They were so yummy.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

How did the day turn out?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN