Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Bad News

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM
  • 17 Replies

My mom was feeling sick so she went to her doc and they found 15 tumors in her lungs.  Docs said she won't make it past summer.  My mom is supposed to meet with hospice on Monday. 

Backstory:  My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer Dec 2012.  She was in a coma for 6 days.  She has been doing so well.  This hit so hard.  I lost my dad, I don't want to lose my mom too.  

by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy211983
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:41 AM
I'm so sorry. Huge hugs!
christina122952
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I am sorry *hugs*
offrdngal
by Terri on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:43 AM
(((HUGS)))
SweetBabySmell
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I'm sorry, things like that are sooooo hard. We're here anytime you want to chat.

Hugs Mama

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM
I'm so sorry. *hugs*
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Oh dear God, I am SO SORRY!! 

Enjoy the time you have, say the things you need/want to say, throw some laughter in there. Know that even after she's gone, she'll be with you..always. You and her, are in my prayers. 

(((HUGS)))

im sorryhugspraying

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. What a shock. Prayers and positive thoughts for your family.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Btw, cancer sucks. I hate it. It took my uncle last year and a good family friend just diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer.
lancet98
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Help her to be comfortable and spend time with her and forge some wonderful memories with her while you have the time.  

It's very, very sad.  It's been many years since I lost my mom and there are still days I miss her as if it happened yesterday.

But she wouldn't have wanted me to dwell or to suffer over it.   I know that.   She'd say, 'Come on, lazy bones, work to do'.

she will never really leave you.   You're her child, and you have a part of her with you for always so do your children.   And she taught you so many things, that you will never forget and will teach your children.

It's a small mercy that she didn't know she was ill for a long time and had a peaceful time with her devoted daughter.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers. That is so hard to go through.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN