Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Neighbor wars.......

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM
  • 35 Replies

Apparently two of my neighbors, sitting side by side across the street with me are having problems.

The one neighbor I am pretty good friend with. She is a sweet heart. The other one, I am getting to know since we just moved to this street in Feb. I knew the one lady because our kids were in K together and have played together many times.

Anyway, the property line is the problem. The one lady insisted my friend stole something. Said she even had pictures to prove it. While she was talking to her, she found the "stolen" item where she left it. LMBO.  I wonder what "pictures" she has since my friend never took it. 

The other night the one lady was taking pictures of the "property line".  No idea why. My friend has bent over backwards to be nice. The other lady was even going to call the police and tell them my friend had plans to kill her and she had threatned her. My friend has proof this did not occur.  

I look out today and there is a swath of uncut yard in the other lady's yard.  It is on her side of the property/fence line but for some unknown reason, she refuses to let it be cut. Is she expecting my friend to do it?  She also wants my friend to cut down a tree in her own yard because the branches fall on her yard. 

I could go on but the drama is still unfolding. This other lady during a winter snow, stood in the street were kids were sledding and shoveled the street, not her drive way , not her side walk but the street. She refused to move. We kept having to try and direct the kids away from her in the public right of way while she shoveled for no reason. She seemed to be deliberately trying to get knocked down.  She has already threatnend to sue my neighbor because rain water runs off her property into this lady's yard. Uh, it's an act of God, nothing my neighbor can do. Although she is working on having a drainage ditch/pipe put in to alleviate the neighbor's complaints.  Then the lady will probabl sue her for that. My friend had a pile of dirt delivered to try and level the yard and plant grass to help with this issue. The other lady stood out there taking pictures for some weird reason.

It is interesting watching neighbor wars.  I am glad I don't have one going on. 

Have you ever seen any neighbor wars?

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Smh. Ugh, that's gotta be the worse.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM

It is I am sure. I have to give my friend kudos for handling it well. I think the one lady is off her rocker a bit, a few fries short of a happy meal and so on.  I mean, she expects the oddest things.

Quoting Noni2319: Smh. Ugh, that's gotta be the worse.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We did, but they finally moved. *big grin*

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Yeah we moved one street over from our "Mr. Wilson".  He would get mad if a branch from our tree fell in his yard and would throw them back over the fence instead of just tossing it with the yard trash he was picking up in his own yard. He would complain if our kids made NORMAL kid noise in the back yard. We burned yard trash as allowed by the county that "smoke comes in our kitchen". It was just yard trash, nothing toxic. He even has a spy cam on his front porch and gets mad if people come on his property. Although we the neighbors helped his wife when she fell and broke her shoulder in their yard. He was a winner...LOL

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

We did, but they finally moved. *big grin*

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:59 AM

I have never seen this. It sounds like the one lady is just looking for something to complain about

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, exactly.  I wouldn't be surpised if she didn't like it us sitting on our porch letting our kids play night time tag in the sprinklers. LOL. Fun times, kids laughing, on a summer evening I call it the soung of joy. They were't be obnoxious. I have a rule no screaming like you are hurt are killed unless you really are hurt...LOL

Quoting cjsmom1:

I have never seen this. It sounds like the one lady is just looking for something to complain about

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I had issues with a neighbor where we used to live. He wasn't WHY we moved, but he sure made life miserable. I went to the cops on him a couple of times, just to document things he was doing. He was a nut job. It soon became glaringly obvious why, their previous neighbor (different town), pulled a knife on him. She told me that the first time I met her. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM

You know, your friend, would probably have a case for harrassment. 

Not for anything, the crazy lady, the branches from the trees that hang into her yard, she can trim. But just the branches that hang over the property line. 

I know it costs money, but for sanity's sake maybe look into a survey. I wouldn't cut the patch of grass though. Sounds like crazy lady is testing your friend. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM

People can be so weird.  We once had a neighbor when I was a teen that would peep in our windows and steal my sister's and my underwear off the clothes line. We had to hang it inside. He was the town drunk. We had the windows up due to no a.c. with fans in the windows. We would smell and see his cigarette smoke come in. One night someone, probably him was on our porch when my sister and I were home alone.  We called our uncle. It would have taken the police an hour to get to our rural time. Another time someone was out there, probably him, again, and my mom got the rifle out and cocked it. Let me tell you, dude fell over things running away from the sound of that shot gun pumping a round into the chamber. LOL. After that he did it way less, lol. He was an old geezer too.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I had issues with a neighbor where we used to live. He wasn't WHY we moved, but he sure made life miserable. I went to the cops on him a couple of times, just to document things he was doing. He was a nut job. It soon became glaringly obvious why, their previous neighbor (different town), pulled a knife on him. She told me that the first time I met her. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

He told my then 9yo son (now 18), he was going to "kill your mother". I'll never forget, because he was hysterical. Swerved his truck at my ods walking home from the bus. Set off fireworks over my house, there was crap falling into the pool. 

Last thing he did, when the "sold" sign went on the "for sale" sign, he drove by the house honking his horn at 7:30am on Sunday morning, 3 weeks in a row. My dh used to laugh, about it. Dh would say "I just laugh, because way I figure it, he set an alarm to get up an do that. I've eaten breakfast and am on my 3rd cup of coffee. Have at it man." LOL

Just before we moved, I found out from another neighbor that 2 of my other neighbors were pissed at him for the Sunday morning drive bys. 

Quoting Thelmama:

People can be so weird.  We once had a neighbor when I was a teen that would peep in our windows and steal my sister's and my underwear off the clothes line. We had to hang it inside. He was the town drunk. We had the windows up due to no a.c. with fans in the windows. We would smell and see his cigarette smoke come in. One night someone, probably him was on our porch when my sister and I were home alone.  We called our uncle. It would have taken the police an hour to get to our rural time. Another time someone was out there, probably him, again, and my mom got the rifle out and cocked it. Let me tell you, dude fell over things running away from the sound of that shot gun pumping a round into the chamber. LOL. After that he did it way less, lol. He was an old geezer too.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)