Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What? Why?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
  • 12 Replies

I posted this picture on my facebook to my mother in law talking about house decor:

Said I'd like to do it on a smaller scale and that my dh I could do it.

Everybody was talking about they liked the idea too...on a smaller scale. My mil said:

Quote:

Yes, that is nice, but when your children are teenagers they might not like it.

I said I don't think my kids would have a problem with it. They love pictures of themselves as babies. I wouldn't put naked baby pics. They love even funny, silly baby pictures.

my son is 13. I don't think a teen would have a problem with it. They love being the center of attention. LOL.  I wanted to say but didn't: Well if they don't like it, too bad, our house I get to decorate like I want to". LOL

Why would a teen have issues with a cute baby picture that also showed their birthdate etc. Now I would not want it to take up a whole wall. I'd do it on a much smaller scale. 

She is always telling me that my girls are the ones who are going to give me problems cause all girls are trouble and my son will just be moody some. Yes, he is her favorite. She is all down on girls and how horrid they are as teens.  Ugh..she is so weird sometimes.  She thinks everyone thinks the way she does. LOL

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I think it's cute.
MIL's smh.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I love mine but she can be so weird.

Quoting Noni2319: I think it's cute. MIL's smh.

SpiritFortress
Oh, Southern Comfort, you are delightful. ☺
Yesterday at 8:50 PM
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a nice idea. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too. I want to do it on a smaller scale because we have 3 kids and I don't think we have a wall big enough to go large scale. LOL

thenameshailie
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Pfft I dont care if the kids like it or not. They can pick the decorations when they have their own house.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM

EXACTLY!  We are the ones paying the mortgage.  Dh says decorate how you want. LOL

Quoting thenameshailie:

Pfft I dont care if the kids like it or not. They can pick the decorations when they have their own house.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No disrespect to your mil, but IMO, it's your house. Why would it matter if it's your home that you're kids as teens won't like it? 

We're you planning on doing that in their rooms? If not, then I don't see the issue. 

If the kids don't like it, they don't have to look at it. (that's what I'd tell mine. LOL)

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That is an awesome idea!

Tell the mother-in-law to take a leap.

AmyG1976
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM

my kids as kids and teens dont really have a say with MY HOUSES decore lol would my kids have a prob with it IDK honestly I dont and they are not babies but two teens one preteen and one 9yr old

Nimue930
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Maybe she meant the whole mushy sentiment thing would embarrass them when they got to be teenagers..??  But oh well... Where's the joy in parenting a teenager if you can't embarrass them a little???  LOL   Besides, I think they secretly like it, just are too cool to fess up...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)