Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What would you do if you were asked to leave for a reason like this?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Amy
  • 22 Replies

Mississippi KFC boots toddler mauled by pit bulls because her scars disturbed diners

What would your response be if you or someone you loved was told to leave a business for reasons like this?  

What if you saw a child with a physcial deformity being asked to leave a place of business?  How would you respond, even if it was no one you knew?

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd leave with them. And tell everyone I could why I was leaving as I was walking out. I'd post it on FB, CM and anywhere else I could think of.

How terrible!!

offrdngal
by Terri on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be sure to tell the manager that I WILL be in touch with Corporate and the newspapers and anyone who is willing to listen. Then I would walk out the door and never return.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM

This for sure

Quoting offrdngal: I would be sure to tell the manager that I WILL be in touch with Corporate and the newspapers and anyone who is willing to listen. Then I would walk out the door and never return.

CMay2CK
by Cheryl on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I'd leave with them. And tell everyone I could why I was leaving as I was walking out. I'd post it on FB, CM and anywhere else I could think of.

How terrible!!

autodidact
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:07 PM

refuse

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:27 PM
This.

Quoting offrdngal: I would be sure to tell the manager that I WILL be in touch with Corporate and the newspapers and anyone who is willing to listen. Then I would walk out the door and never return.
thatgirl70
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I would do exactly this and I wouldn't just boycott that particular store, I'd boycott the entire franchise.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

How terrible!!

nana776
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Wow, that would be a hard one for me to handle. I can't say for sure what I would do, but there would probably be some police involvement before it was done and over with. 

You would think KFC would have learned something from the incident in Iowa a few years ago, they kicked out a teen who had burn scars over most of his body and it caused some major disfigurement, lose of fingers and his face was badly burned. There was a big hoopla about it then, they lost a lot of business.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:29 AM

I would have flipped out. That poor girl has been through enough and that is so insulting. I would post it on every social media site and ask all my friend's and family to share. All the negative publicity will be bad for them.

bhow
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I would have calmly but firmly told the employee and the manager what I thought, then I would have walked out with the little girl and offered to take them some place else ... my treat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)