Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Letting Go

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

Tomorrow my son goes to Youth camp for the first time.  He has never wanted to go due to being nervous about his allergy issues. He has severe allergies to all dairy and eggs. We spoke with the director and they are prepared for him. We are sending some safe foods for him and provided all needed meds and emergency meds. He has never had a reaction at school or any other youth group event. He knows how to ask for what he needs and how to order food in a reastaurant.  I am excited for him but my heart is a little ...I don't know, not sad., not nervous but something. I know HE IS READY but still wow.  I still can't help but feel a little emotional. 

I have not told him this or communicated it to him. He is so excited he is about to go into orbit, LOL.

He will be Gone from early tomorrow and return Friday afternoon or after.  Wow, just wow......I am happy for him and I know this will be good for him. His youth leader is going and she is a nurse as well as another helper who is a nurse. I know he is in good hands...but still....letting go......can be hard at times...bitter sweet, maybe that is a better term. We have talked to him about speaking up for his needs or if he isn't feeling right, symptom wise etc. So here I go......I am growing again...as a Mom. Have you ever noticed that we as parents grow each time we let go a little bit.

Wish me luck this week as I go through another baby step of letting go.  Fly my son fly, soar and experience all thhis life has for you to know and learn. You got this son.  

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM

He'll do great.  I'm sure you are feeling the way you are because your baby is venturing out into the world.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Thanks, yes he will and I am sure that is it.  I am going to keep busy tomorrow after I drop him off at the church.  I think I will take the girls and my two extras to the splash park down town or the water steps or something just to keep busy.  The girls are like yay we get alone time with Mommy and Daddy. I bet you it will not be 24 hours before one of them is crying for their brother.  

Quoting hayliedlr:

He'll do great.  I'm sure you are feeling the way you are because your baby is venturing out into the world.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

aww

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks, yes he will and I am sure that is it.  I am going to keep busy tomorrow after I drop him off at the church.  I think I will take the girls and my two extras to the splash park down town or the water steps or something just to keep busy.  The girls are like yay we get alone time with Mommy and Daddy. I bet you it will not be 24 hours before one of them is crying for their brother.  

Quoting hayliedlr:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
He'll have a blast. Letting go is hard. I've only had to send mine off to Preschool and elementary school for a few hours. But boy was I a wreck. It's so amazing watching then grow and seeing who they are becoming, but giving your babies that space is hard.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I'm sure he'll have tons of fun. Letting go of our babies isn't easy

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM

This is such a great experience for him!  He's going to come home with so many stories. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN