Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Stay at Home Mom Problems

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hello all... I'm faced with a big decision that honestly I don't want to make... I have been a stay at home mom for 3+ years... Recently I have been babysitting to make a little money but currently since the lady I was sitting for is a teacher I have no babies to sit for. So, I'm down to making no income and my husband makes a little over $10.00 an hour.... we are struggling in more ways than one... we have three children. We have been struggling for a long time, and are on the Ky Bridge Home Loan to save our home... so we currently have no mortgage payment... This is good but wont last forever.... So I'm facing having to go back to work somehowcrying mini.... I feel like balling my eyes out... I'm thinking a part time job is what I will be doing, but still after being home for 3 years is really bothering me... Oh how I feel my kids need me and we already feel like we don't get enough family time altogether due to my husbands work hours.... 

Is there anything that you have found that can be don at home without investing alot of money? I need a way to make income now and it is my place to help if needed! I feel guilty taking a job yet I feel guilty for not taking one..... Advice please ladies... I'm on edge... 

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I'm sorry. I don't know of any really good work at home opportunities that are a job. everything i know of that's legit is more like a consultant, but that all has start up cost, and you aren't guaranteed earnings. Maybe you could look for part time night position? it would be a little rough sleep wise, but that might help.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I can't think of anything. Except medical transcription, but I believe you have to take a cours for that. 

dh and I tag teamed. I worked on his days off, and worked my hours around his. Like certain days he'd finish early so I could work 3-11pm. If I worked nights, I worked the night into his day off so I could get some rest, or if I worked days I'd work his day off. I worked mostly 12hour shifts, so 7a-7p, 11a-11p, 7p-7a. 

Don't look at family time in quantity, but rather quality. It's not how MUCH time you spend together, but HOW you spend the time you have that matters. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I wish I knew of some.  I'd work when my husband wasn't.  I'd work during the day, he'd work at night.

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Sometimes... Maybe not you, but SOMETIMES a SAHM feels their children need them so much when actually the parent is the one who does not want to adjust.
The teacher who left her child/ren in your care? Her children still have their intense bind with her even though she works. It hasn't and won't harm her children by having a caregiver.... I see no reason why your own children would not be just as resilient .
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I agree.

Quoting Momofmenagerie: Sometimes... Maybe not you, but SOMETIMES a SAHM feels their children need them so much when actually the parent is the one who does not want to adjust. The teacher who left her child/ren in your care? Her children still have their intense bind with her even though she works. It hasn't and won't harm her children by having a caregiver.... I see no reason why your own children would not be just as resilient .

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I'd call around to local companies and see if anyone is hiring appointment setters that can work from home.  You might also look into working retail during hours when your spouse can be home.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Have you looked into babysitting another child? Maybe look into getting a part-time overnight job that way you don't have to worry about someone watching your kids.

mom2devin11005
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM

If you live in KY check into Shop HQ.... they are out of Bowling Green, and I know they have work at home order capture agents. Also I have heard Uhaul hires customer service to work from home.  Good luck.... feel free to message me if you need more ideas

happinessforyou
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM

It sucks to have to work when your kids are young- but sometimes you have to just suck it up and do what's best for the entire family, and being broke and homeless isn't good for any of you. :(

Tuned.Out
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM

What is your education in and what job experience do you have?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)