Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Did you ever "run away"?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Amy
  • 22 Replies

I never did, but thought about it whenever I was mad at my mom.  lol

My grandmother told me the story of when my uncle "ran away" once.  It was shortly after they adopted him and my mom (they are twins) around the age of 8.  My mom was playing with her friends and they didn't want to play with him, so he decided to run away.  He grabbed a suitcase, didn't check what was in it or pack anything additional (it was full of my grandma's good linens) and off he went.

He didn't get very far though.  It started raining pretty hard so he decided to stop and hide out under a bush.... IN THE FRONT YARD!  lol  He gave up and went inside when he got hungry for dinner later.  

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM
No, I never did.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Many times.

The last time, I was hitchhiking out of my hometown in NY and my Dad stopped. I told him I was leaving and if he wanted me to eat on my travels I could use some money.

We drove to the bank, he handed me $500 and dropped me off on the on ramp to the highway. 

I was in California 5 days later.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Holy cow Malissa!  Was he hoping you'd change your mind or trying to get rid of you?

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Many times.

The last time, I was hitchhiking out of my hometown in NY and my Dad stopped. I told him I was leaving and if he wanted me to eat on my travels I could use some money.

We drove to the bank, he handed me $500 and dropped me off on the on ramp to the highway. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM

jaw drop

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Many times.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM

I don't know if I did as a child. I know I've formally requested the resignation form for my life a few times...

Damn mail, STILL hasn't shown up! LMAO

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

LOL

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I don't know if I did as a child. I know I've formally requested the resignation form for my life a few times...

Damn mail, STILL hasn't shown up! LMAO

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:29 AM

I never did

SpiritFortress
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:32 AM

No. That's a cute story! :)

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM

no, but did sneak out for like an hour

ctinarock
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:31 AM

i did when i was 16 waited till i was 17  then started visiting about once every other month when i turned 20 it became once a yr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN