Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

To get to the Truth.........

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Who knows..........maybe only the shadow knows.......the truth that is.

My oldest two were having issues this morning. There was arguing and pushing involved.  One says one thing, one says another but I am unsure of the truth. I sat them down and told them, I am not going to pick who is telling the truth and who is lying, you will sit here until someone decides to tell the truth. They sat for at least 15 minutes, not a peep. Clearly it was not working. So, since they were both wrong in the altercation, I told them okay, you two know the truth and are choosing not to let it be known. So the both of you will be cleaning the kitchen and dining room from top to bottom. You will not speak to each other but you will clean it properly.  You were both wrong. Someone is lying but I do not know who and so both of you are going to be punished for your wrong in your fight.  Just know, telling the truth gets you out of trouble sooner than persisting in a lie.  After you are done, we will talk again.  

Who knows the truth?  So they are both cleaning until it meets my specifications. They are 13 and 10. 

Now if only I had an app for truth detection...LOL

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:29 AM

My kids did that. They would both get punished. But it also formed a pretty tight bond between them too....they had each others back. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, they do have a tight bond and they'd do anything to stand up for the other one. Today they just had a bad day. They have apologized and made things right. Still don't know the whole truth but at least peace reigns again, the dishwasher is humming and the kitchen and dining room are clean, LOL. They are being very nice to each other, I don't think they want any more extra chores. LOL

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Oh yea, after a day of ugly between them (and it was usually caused by me giving both of them punishment), they were tight as could be. They're now 34 & 31, boy & girl. They're tightness was up until he got married. She didn't approve of the close bond between brother/sister or son/mother. 

Quoting Thelmama:

Yes, they do have a tight bond and they'd do anything to stand up for the other one. Today they just had a bad day. They have apologized and made things right. Still don't know the whole truth but at least peace reigns again, the dishwasher is humming and the kitchen and dining room are clean, LOL. They are being very nice to each other, I don't think they want any more extra chores. LOL

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

That's sad about the wife. I mean close bonds are important and always will be.

Quoting EireLass:

Oh yea, after a day of ugly between them (and it was usually caused by me giving both of them punishment), they were tight as could be. They're now 34 & 31, boy & girl. They're tightness was up until he got married. She didn't approve of the close bond between brother/sister or son/mother. 

Quoting Thelmama:

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Same thing with my boys. They have each others' back. 

Quoting EireLass:

My kids did that. They would both get punished. But it also formed a pretty tight bond between them too....they had each others back. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

That's too bad. Not that my opinion matters but 'not approving' of a sibling bond, is a sign of insecurity. Not that, that helps. Sorry.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Thelmama:

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Lol. Ds is 9 and an only child who lies constantly. No punishment in the world is hepling

mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:09 AM

I would do things like that with my sons. I also didnt tolerate tattling. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Mine don't lie often, but they do. They have been good since then. No pushing and shoving and fighting. I never did get to the bottom of it.  I don't want them to own up to something they didn't do either. I just dont' know how far to push when both are adamant that they are the one telling the truth and I didn't see what happened.  I talked to them about honesty and truth and trust. 

I hate tattling too. The little girl I babysit is the worse tattler on the  planet. Trying to come up with some good consequences for a child that is not my own.

gr8d8n3mom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My "children" are 26 &22 but I have 2 grand daughters 3 & 5 If the 3 yr old is crying, and my daughter says "F." come here and tell me why 'K." is crying, she will say "I didn't hit "K"! LOL 

This morning my daughter knows she set her alarm clock yet it was off and she over slept and was late for work, when my daughter said something about her clock, "F" said, I didn't touch your alarm clock mommy!  LOL she tells on herself! too cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)