Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

The most disturbing thing you've witnessed or have done yourself?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
  • 11 Replies

I work with all guys, so I've seen alot!  share with me what you thought was disturbing.  Posting anonoymous is understandable.  That's what I might do for my answer. 

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Watching someone get killed. 

teatyme007
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG!  That's terrible!  I'm sorry you had to see that.

Quoting EireLass:

Watching someone get killed. 

teatyme007
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

When I was an early teen, I watched a neighbor catch his arm on fire to remove a tattoo of a girls name.  He was never right to begin with. 

Yetegemene
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I have a tie:

1) I was molested by relative when I was 5 (good thing I was too young to remember much)

2) I was at Lollapalooza (a music festival) with my girlfriends for high school graduation and a man slaughtered a chicken in front of us. We screamed so loud cuz it was so gory.

FireCoyote
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM
I saw a resident in her final moments of life. I can still see her body convulsing violently. It was HORRIBLE.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Oh the stories I could tell you, I worked in a psych hospital for a year.

1. It would have to be when my ex was attacked and they cut him in the face. Seeing what it looked like before stitches broke my heart. For a couple weeks afterward his cheek would leak whenever he ate because they cut his salivary gland in his face.
2. When I worked in a nursing home I was in the room watching one of our patients die. It was terrible because he was only in his 40's

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I'm a nurse. 2 weeks ago we were involved in a code blue, that was very bloody. The patient had a tumor that eroded into his pulmonary artery, he died instantly. However, he feel to the floor and there was a pool of blood around him the literally the size of a car tire. Every time we did compressions, blood poured out of his mouth and nose.
Wish I could say that's the 1st code I've seen like that but it's not.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 7:08 AM

hmmm...honestly I cant think of anything I've seen or done that was disturbing....to me anyway. LOL

artistmom889
by Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

a car in a ditch,  both adults falling-down drunk, 2  children under 5 y/o  petrified with fear.

a  gandmotherly neighbor and I  took the kids to a safe relative (with the mom's consent) . On the way they said  this happened all the time and they were afraid of their parents

I dont make a habit  of judging, but  I hate it whe parents' stupidity risks kids' lives.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I have seen a lot in my 46 years. I remember the first time I saw a male, naked. I was 20 something and in between college semesters. I was working for a mental hosptial. I was tiny and petite and naive, very naive.  Anyway, this man in the day room, close to 7 feet tall, went beserk. He stripped off his clothing and was brought into the hallway where I was standing with a coworker. We were there to take another patient to a doctor's appointment. I being only 5 feet tall had a different view point than everyone else. There in front of me was his business full erect and HUGE...this man was......was........well it was gross.  His frenzy had made everything stand at attention. Me and my coworker, thankfully a female, were trying to look everywhere but there. yet there was no where to look.  We were flattened against the wall while he struggled with the people trying to put him in restraints. I will never forget his frenzied eyes nor his nakedness. I was in shock too., I had only ever seen baby parts, not full grown, huge tall man parts.  My co worker said I was white as a sheet. Now I think it was more from thinking I was going to be attacked because he was trying to grab everyone, but she teased me for weeks saying it was cause I'd never seen a man. LOL LOL LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)