Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I need emergency housing for my family! :( anything would be helpful.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM
  • 21 Replies

Before you get negative and judge me I'm 23, married, and the mother of 2 little girls ages 3 and 1. I'm not lazy Im will go out and work for what I need, infact I lost my job at the end of May when I was pulled over and informed my license was suspended. Unable to make it to work because I have no help I was fired. My husband is a tattoo artist, youd think great money right? Nope, He only makes money when people walk in. He's also expierenced in home remodeling. I send his resume out but no jobs seem to be hiring! I feel so worthless When I became pregnant with ur second daughter My husband had a good job and we had our own apartment, now we have nothing. My kids don't deserve this they didnt ask for it. I pretty much failed them...

I've called 2-1-1 and got info and called places with nothing to show for it. We dont have money for a security deposit or to get NIPSCO started up. I'm sure we could pay the bills once we got something but we dont have time to save up because his mother wants us out now! We've been mopving from place to place helping out as we can. I'm so tired of it my kids deserve better then this! Any helpful information will be very much appreciated. we live in Lake county Indiana

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o0gone0o
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM

BUMP!

roundrocktxmom
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Why does his mother want you out?

Amber1225
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Have you checked local church groups, women's shelters, etc? Idk how things work in Indiana but here in ga there are many local groups that help families who are down on their luck. They offer a place to stay and help finding a job. Also, I know its unhelpful at the moment while you're looking for a place but try care.com people are always needing someone to care for their children and usually don't mind if you bring your own children, pay is all that great but it would be somewhere to start. I will check with my local groups and see if they can offer some advice or know any groups near you.
Rachelxbby
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
update: I interviewed with pilot about 3 weeks ago they called me back for a second interview about 30 minutes after I posted this. I cried so hard when I hung up because I really need this!
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Good luck with your interview.

Have you checked with local churches? They may be able to offer some assistance.
melissa7283
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I'd try Churches & shelters for homeless families because they will help you find work & pay deposit on an apt or house. I will pray for you & your family. Sorry to hear you all are going through this. : /
melissa7283
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Call 211 again & tell them you need the numbers to homeless shelters for families.
Call shelters tell them your situation they
Will help you. I just came from shelter about three or so months ago. They helped us alot!
melissa7283
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Lots of hugs & Love! It will all be ok.
I pray God gives you & hubby strength.
God bless & Jesus Loves you all!
KRIZZ25
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:12 PM
hotel ..idk but hope it gets better.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Good luck with your interview

You may have to go to a family shelter. They will have tons of resources to help you find a place, pay rent, anf can help you find a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)