Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you have nicknames for your kids?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:43 PM
  • 39 Replies
My best friend today came over and I was talking to my niece and instead of calling her Alyssa her actual name I called her lyssa. My friend was absolutely horrified that I call my nieces by a nick name or shorter version of there name. So do you shorten your kids names or use a nickname?
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jun. 27, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest I sometimes do. My youngest always says "No, I'm just [name]" it's cute. I don't see anything wrong with it.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM
My eldest, had a nickname. My youngest I call by his full name, sometimes I'll call him by his nickname.
shansa3fan
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM

We call them 'lovey names'. None of them has ever objected. When they're around kids or adults in their world (teachers, coaches, leaders), we call them their given names. We've called them this since they were babies. They know it comes from our love.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 6:57 AM

My oldest doesnt have a nickname, the other two do.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM

My oldest is named Christopher.  He asked to be called Chris at age 11. His name his choice.

My youngest is named Jennifer. When she was 2.5 she started saying I Jenny not Jennifer in her sweet little way of talking.  We tried to keep Jennifer but she insisted and she was so cute, it stuck.  She is now Jenny.

My middle daughter is named Hannah, not much you can do to that one that sounds good to us or her. LOL

Both Chris and Jenny are called by their nick names at school and on paper work.  

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 28, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Now as for lovey dovey names. They all have various ones. Pumpkin, sweetie, Boo Boy(oldest), Princess (middle), Sunshine(youngest), The Niblets (collective). Large bit, medium bit and small bit.  All sorts of pet names that we call them at home. We don't use those in front of friends or anyone other than family except on occasionwhen I forget or if I post about "the Niblets" on facebook. It doesn't bother them.

AlwaysPretty
by on Jun. 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I call my son by the first part of his name or his actual name whichever comes out first lml

Quoting Noni2319: My oldest I sometimes do. My youngest always says "No, I'm just [name]" it's cute. I don't see anything wrong with it.
KykysMomma1128
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM
My dd has a few nick names.
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Spawn. 

Sarlinda
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Ohh yeah. I call our girls all kinds of nick names or lovey names. Neither of them seem to mind. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)