Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you go to church?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Amy
  • 251 Replies

If you go to church, what religion is it?  

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM
20 moms liked this
I do not go to church. I don't believe in organized religion.
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:58 PM

When we go to church we usually go with our best friends & their family to the Luthern Church. I am a lapsed Catholic & my hubby was a lapsed Baptist. So our dd was not really raised in a church at all although we did send her to Bible schools in the summer sometimes.

KWilliams-0513
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm baptist, my husband on the other hand is atheist. So if my daughter and I do go to church I go with my brother to his church which is Pentecostal, it's a very layer back church which i really like.
mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here.

Quoting luvmybug: I do not go to church. I don't believe in organized religion.

gr8d8n3mom
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM
11 moms liked this

I am Wiccan. I practice at my own home in my own yard. Or at the lake. Or on top of our boat house etc. 

I don't like organized religion. Seems to me too many hypocrites.

BaronSamedi
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM
5 moms liked this

NO!  I have better things to do.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:58 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm Catholic by baptism and teaching. However, I don't attend church. I do pray, and am spiritual not religious. I believe the 2 can exist mutually exclusive of one another.

I have issues with the Bible. Mostly because (IMO) it's man's interpretation.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I grew up in a Presbyterian church.  I was baptized in that church.  My husband grew up in a very strict Catholic church.  I refuse to go back to that church because the one time I went to it the father politely asked me what church did I go to.  When I replied a Presbyterian church in NC he told me to get out of his church because God does not care for Presbyterians. I haven't been in a church since.  Neither have our kids.  

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Same here

Quoting luvmybug: I do not go to church. I don't believe in organized religion.

Memere60
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

That is horrible. Was the priest about 90 years old? I can't believe any priest would be so rude and arrogant.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I grew up in a Presbyterian church.  I was baptized in that church.  My husband grew up in a very strict Catholic church.  I refuse to go back to that church because the one time I went to it the father politely asked me what church did I go to.  When I replied a Presbyterian church in NC he told me to get out of his church because God does not care for Presbyterians. I haven't been in a church since.  Neither have our kids.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)