Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Please tell me I am not the only one!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

... who royally stinks as the tooth fairy.  Most every tooth my DD has lost, I forget to "get" on the first night.  This last one, two nights in a row!  Poor girl was so disappointed to get up again this morning and find her tooth still under her pillow. 

So, finally remembered tonight... snuck in with my Elmer's glue, some irridescent glitter, and $2.  A little "glitter trail" on the railing of her bunk bed and the two bills stuck out of her pillow.

I have redeemed myself until the next tooth comes out!

Is there any "magical" person/creature that you royally stink at fulfilling their shoes?

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:42 AM

hubby does the tooth fairy and I do the Easter Bunny.  They generally have difficulty finding the eggs I have hidden!  LOL 

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 5:33 AM

I'm guilty of not being a very good tooth fairy myself.

After two nights he got fed up with waiting and gave up on the idea. He set his little tooth box on top of the tv. After his nap, he woke to find a note and $5 where his tooth box was.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Dh wasn't  good at being the tooth fairy. 

My yds, learned the who the 'real' tooth fairy was because dh forgot to put money under his pillow and did it a 5am when he remembered. 

My son, woke up with dad's arm, under his pillow. 

dh would also forget which toys had been from Santa and which had been from mom and dad. He'd keep saying "no WE gave that to him"..seriously I was doing head slaps before they became popular. 

bhow
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Yeah, I wasn't that great either.  Honey would remember before I did.  

Philosophia
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I'm not a very good tooth fairy either
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Omg, I've done that! I had to leave a tiny note written by the tooth fairy explaining why she didn't come on time,lol.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh and we don't do the under the pillow thing. My mom told me she might get stuck so I had to leave the tooth in a cup on my dresser. Makes life so much easier,lol.

Nimue930
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I forgot once with my oldest son. My sister was over when he woke up and realized the tooth fairy didn't come. She saved the day telling him that sometimes when a kid has done really well brushing their teeth and the tooth they lose is a very good tooth, the tooth fairy waits and takes it for a little baby who is getting their first teeth. The next day the tooth fairy had remember and his aunt showed him his little cousin just had his first tooth come in that night so that must be his old tooth. Lol. He totally believed her and enforced that with his little brothers. Making them brush good cuz some little baby would need their teeth when they lost them. Lol. It worked
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Mine is usually the Easter Bunny.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I'm a party pooper because we told ds none of them are real. I was so crushed when I learned the truth that I decided to just tell ds the truth from the beginning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)