Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I am looking for moms of big bunches of kids (more than 5)....

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

Are they out there anymore?  Or are you the daughter born into a large family?  Ideally, I am looking to meet moms of more than 20 kids, Catholic, and in a traditional role.  The reason:  I am writing a book based on the life of my guy's mom.  She gave birth to 23-24 kids during the 1940's and 50's.  And she died of Uterine Cancer in 1963 when my man was 7 years old.  In observing 7 year old boys I know, I can't see one that could lose his mom, be shipped off to relatives, and be in charge of his two younger brothers (aged 6 and 4 and a half. Which shows how close together she was giving birth) in short turn around.  The brother who was 4 and a half at the time, whines constantly about missing his mother.  I am collaborating on this work with an older brother who was 17 when his mom died (he, and the older ones, simply went off on their own).  So if anyone knows anyone who can help me, please get ahold of me!!  Thank you!!

Anyway, it's nice to be a member here, it's more than the book, really.  My mothering days are long behind me.  I am estranged from my birth daughter, Elisaba, due to my choice to stay with my stepdaughter.  (Which is a long story in itself)

by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I myself don't know of anyone in present day that has a large family.

I'd be interested in hearing the story of you and your daughters though.

sharynat
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Ah, the story of me and my daughters.

In mid Dec 2012, my husband had a series of massive siezures brought on by his lung cancer going into his brain.  That night, we had planned to Skype with Hannah for her birthday.  (Hannah is our granddaughter by my husband's daughter) When we didn't make the date, she called.  I asked to speak to her mom (my step daughter Christeen) and told her what had happened.  When we hung up, I called my daughter and told her the same exact thing. (My daughter is an RN and was at work at the time) I expected a call from my daughter when she got off work.  Thirty two hours later, Christeen and family arrived from TN to CA.  They packed us up and drove us back.  We lived with them a month when Fred died. (I was, at this time, living in Bill's house and would for 9 months) BUT it took my daughter a week to call me back.  Then, when I had been here 6 months, she made a half hearted invite for me to move there.  When I refused, cuz I had built a life here, she disowned me.  Occasionally, she comments or Likes something I put on Facebook.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:03 AM

My husband and I have 5, and we don't know of anyone with that large of a family.

Good luck to you, and Welcome to the Lounge!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I don't know anyone that had many children.

CarlaMarie1978
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:39 AM
My dh and I have 5 but you said more than 5 and I don't know anyone with more.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:43 AM

my mom had 6 kids. Mom is passing but her kids are adults. GL and welcome

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Thats to bad. I'm guessing you and your daughter didnt have a close relationship prior to his passing?

Quoting sharynat:

In mid Dec 2012, my husband had a series of massive siezures brought on by his lung cancer going into his brain.  That night, we had planned to Skype with Hannah for her birthday.  (Hannah is our granddaughter by my husband's daughter) When we didn't make the date, she called.  I asked to speak to her mom (my step daughter Christeen) and told her what had happened.  When we hung up, I called my daughter and told her the same exact thing. (My daughter is an RN and was at work at the time) I expected a call from my daughter when she got off work.  Thirty two hours later, Christeen and family arrived from TN to CA.  They packed us up and drove us back.  We lived with them a month when Fred died. (I was, at this time, living in Bill's house and would for 9 months) BUT it took my daughter a week to call me back.  Then, when I had been here 6 months, she made a half hearted invite for me to move there.  When I refused, cuz I had built a life here, she disowned me.  Occasionally, she comments or Likes something I put on Facebook.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I definitely don't have that many. I have 1. Lol. But my dad is one of 9, my grandmother one of 12, and my husband one of 5.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Why would she do that??

Quoting sharynat:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM

As for your question, I don't know anyone who has more than 4. I myself only have 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)