Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Silly question.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  • 33 Replies

Those of you that wear flip flops or thong type sandals. 

I get SO frustrated because there aren't many sandals that aren't thong style, (the thingy in between your toes)...I end up wearing sport sandals and don't really have anything nicer than that...

I have trouble with thong type, I end up blistered in between my toes or it just hurts or bothers me so much I can't get them off my feet fast enough. It's a short drive to Loonyville for me. 

So did the 'thingy' in between your toes ever or never bother you? If it did, what did you do to get used to it (if anything?)

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I just found one that didn't bother me. I can't stand most of them. Also some of the "nicer" ones have metal bits that hold the toe part to the straps and I can't wear them.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM
I wear my chacos all summer. I have the kind that wraps around the big toe, but it's not really a thong and they've never bothered me.
thedirtytruth
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Sometimes if I get a pair of cheap flip flops the toe part will cause problems, but I usually just have to 'break em in' and they are good... I do know lots of people that can not stand flip flops at all.. SO is one of them....
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I stick with Teva flip-flops.  The "thong" bit is fabric and doesn't bother me.  Anything with a leather strap, plastic, etc does though.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I have some like that. They're Merrills. 

Quoting LeapBaby123: I wear my chacos all summer. I have the kind that wraps around the big toe, but it's not really a thong and they've never bothered me.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I can't imagine metal! 

Quoting Noni2319: I just found one that didn't bother me. I can't stand most of them. Also some of the "nicer" ones have metal bits that hold the toe part to the straps and I can't wear them.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I have a pair of wedges that has a toe wrap for the big toe, those don't really bother me. Except the height..I'm not good with height anymore. Which is a bummer because dh is so tall.

Quoting LeapBaby123: I wear my chacos all summer. I have the kind that wraps around the big toe, but it's not really a thong and they've never bothered me.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM

when I'd try the cheap flip flops, I folded the front part over, and would end up stumbling. 

I have no co-ordination.

Quoting thedirtytruth: Sometimes if I get a pair of cheap flip flops the toe part will cause problems, but I usually just have to 'break em in' and they are good... I do know lots of people that can not stand flip flops at all.. SO is one of them....

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Never heard of Teva.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I stick with Teva flip-flops.  The "thong" bit is fabric and doesn't bother me.  Anything with a leather strap, plastic, etc does though.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Now Merrill is a name I've heard. I've also heard they're supposed to be super comfortable.

Quoting EireLass:

I have some like that. They're Merrills. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN