Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I'm bummed...

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

I just want to say, I'm bummed there aren't anymore of the cheap designer knock off bags at the flea market anymore. 

I understand they were copyright infrigments, but still..they were fun to have. 

I don't keep my bags, I usually use them so much they fall apart. I get a new one about once a year...I was going to get another one but at this point I'll wait and get a dark one for fall...

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Aww, I'm sorry.  I'm not a huge fan of purses, so I don't "get" it, but I know when I have to do without some things I really love, I'm bummed too.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:04 PM

The knockoff designer thing was fun for me. I refuse to spend that kind of money on a purse. 

I took the boys shopping yesterday to the outlets, and my yds swears he saw the same bag as mine for $189, in the Michael Kors outlet. 

I'll go back to getting my bags at Walmart or Target. 

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Aww, I'm sorry.  I'm not a huge fan of purses, so I don't "get" it, but I know when I have to do without some things I really love, I'm bummed too.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I understand that.  We have a Coach store in our mall, and those prices...yow!!  $189?!?  I'm guessing you didn't actually pay that for yours.  When I have to have a purse, I get one from Kohl's, or my MiL hands down her old ones to me.  I got a really cool one from her last fall.  It has a blingy cross on it.  Brand is Kathy van Zeeland.  I have no idea if that's a "BRAND", but it's a really cool looking purse.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

The knockoff designer thing was fun for me. I refuse to spend that kind of money on a purse. 

I took the boys shopping yesterday to the outlets, and my yds swears he saw the same bag as mine for $189, in the Michael Kors outlet. 

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Rhyinns.Mommy
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Have you tried outlet places or places like tj max and Ross? They will get coach and other high quality brands simply because it's messed up. A 1000$ purse with a crooked coach logo is only worth like 100.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Oh goodness no! I paid $25 "cheap, cheap" for mine.

One of the nurses I work with has a ton of bags, the last one she bought at Marshall's for $60. I won't even spend that!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I understand that.  We have a Coach store in our mall, and those prices...yow!!  $189?!?  I'm guessing you didn't actually pay that for yours.  When I have to have a purse, I get one from Kohl's, or my MiL hands down her old ones to me.  I got a really cool one from her last fall.  It has a blingy cross on it.  Brand is Kathy van Zeeland.  I have no idea if that's a "BRAND", but it's a really cool looking purse.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really cheap..I won't spend more than $30 max for a bag. I'm too rough on them. 

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: Have you tried outlet places or places like tj max and Ross? They will get coach and other high quality brands simply because it's messed up. A 1000$ purse with a crooked coach logo is only worth like 100.

Rhyinns.Mommy
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Lol I never use bags. I have a ton somehow tho. :p

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I'm really cheap..I won't spend more than $30 max for a bag. I'm too rough on them. 

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: Have you tried outlet places or places like tj max and Ross? They will get coach and other high quality brands simply because it's messed up. A 1000$ purse with a crooked coach logo is only worth like 100.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Oh, that's a price like I would pay too.  I always always look for sales for everything.  I see a purse at Kohl's that is okay, and I wait until it's $25 or under...good ol' clearance!...before I buy it.  My MiL loves shopping at TJ Maxx.  That's where she gets alot of hers.  Still, they are more than I would pay.  I seriously use one only a few times a year, and a couple of those times are when we go to the movies.  You know...to sneak in drinks and candy.  I have to have big purses.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

One of the nurses I work with has a ton of bags, the last one she bought at Marshall's for $60. I won't even spend that!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 5:27 AM

I love looking in Goodwills for my bags. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:52 AM

The one I have now is big..but it's become a pain to carry it around and I feel like other than my wallet, I can't find what I'm looking for. LOL

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Oh, that's a price like I would pay too.  I always always look for sales for everything.  I see a purse at Kohl's that is okay, and I wait until it's $25 or under...good ol' clearance!...before I buy it.  My MiL loves shopping at TJ Maxx.  That's where she gets alot of hers.  Still, they are more than I would pay.  I seriously use one only a few times a year, and a couple of those times are when we go to the movies.  You know...to sneak in drinks and candy.  I have to have big purses.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)