Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What color says about you

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:18 AM
  • 27 Replies

The Today show did a segment about wearing red and how other people perceive other women in red.

. more sexual

. less faitfhul.

. to keep that woman away from their boyfriend/spouse.

Seriously? That's stupid. I have seen plenty of pastel wearing people have those tendencies.  Then they started talking about women judging women and so, I had to come make a post on CM about it. LOL.

Do you really think people judge people that deeply on color they wear?

Then I think, well yeah, people assume people wearing all black are bad.

They assume that someone wearing sweet pastel colors are nice and so on.

I just wear colors based on what I like. Some days I feel like greens or pastels, but baby, sometimes I feel like red.  LOL.  

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

LOL...I must be viewed as pure evil. I wear mostly red and/or black.

...but yeah, color causes people to assume things. 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I don't, but I can see how people would. Although I do cringe when I see animal prints, I really just don't like them at all.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:35 AM

It's crazy. Oh and my girls love animal print. I am not a fan but they are. LOL

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I think people make those assumptions.  I mainly do but try not to if they where the same color all the time.  Every day wear black for example

ivf_blessed
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never really thought about it other than the goth look tends to make me cringe.  I happen to be a big fan of the color red and I've never cheated on anyone in my entire life.  LOL

I have noticed a friend of mine I've had for years always seems to wear brown or black or beige.  It just seems boring to me to never throw any color in your wardrobe - I recently encouraged her to buy some tops with a little color and she actually did - she bought a few shells for work in some beautiful colors.  She got a ton of compliments so I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed the constant drabby colors.

As for animal print - I only wear that as undergarments and shoes - makes me feel sassy.  LOL

ivf blessed
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I neee a wardrobe change. I wish I could win some money and do a complete wardrobe change...I would have all kinds of colors and looks to choose from.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I need a style makeover..I pretty much have NO style. LOL I need a Stacy and Clint makeover..thankful they're off air now! I'd be petrified! LOL

Color does give perceptions..it think though that the clothing might also affect perception..

Quoting Thelmama:

I neee a wardrobe change. I wish I could win some money and do a complete wardrobe change...I would have all kinds of colors and looks to choose from.

Nimue930
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I wear every color under the sun, and I love it.  And, I think Im drawn to people who wear vibrant colors, however people who wear only black with a lot of dark makeup make me think of Morticia!! LOL... Not my favorite look.  LOL

Maida265
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly pay no attention and just wear what is comfortable. I don't judge others by what they wear either and certainly not by color or pattern. SIZE...maybe...lol That means the size of clothing and not the size of the person. Some small people think they can wear itsy bitsy things just like larger women. I find both offensive if worn in public. Wear what you want in private, but when out and about, you should wear things that cover your body and not show everything you've got.

Walking next to you each step of the way. ((hugs))

Robin-Christine
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I love color,I wore a cobolt blue skirt with  an orange shell  to church and I received many complimenys,even from my Pastor! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN