Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What's on your "must-have" shopping list for your baby this Fall?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM
  • 106 Replies

Every season means new baby gear for your little one.  What's on your list? Cute fall sweaters, light jackets and new shoes? Items to bundle them up easily and keep them warm and dry once Fall is in the air?

Tell us! We'd love to hear your must have baby items for the colder Fall Season!

~CafeMom Team

We gave 10 moms Walmart Gift Cards to purchase fall baby gear and tell us about it.

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DelilahsMom4108
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:38 PM
My baby is baby #3 for our family so she's basically already set on fall clothes so my fall list will consist more of a warm hat, wipes, aquaphor to protect her cheeks from the cold, and some new snacks to try since she'll be eating more foods by fall!
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM
We don't get super chilly in the fall here so I'm thinking maybe light sweaters or hoodies, maybe some new tennis shoes for playing outside since he won't be wearing his sandals as much. Maybe some new outside toys since we play outside a lot more in the fall. The weather goes from 100 to a much more tolerable 80's. Lol! I'm excited to go look around!
LoveMyBug2013
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM

DH and I have a 14 month old and are expecting our second child.  We live in the DC area. 

We need rain boots and a fleece jacket. DS is currently in 24 month but may be in 2T by the fall in which case he'll need more long sleeve shirts.

We haven't done the shopping yet and will update after we do.  Although the past few times we have been to our local stores the baby selection has been getting smaller and worse.  We may try online.

Favorite items for fall for babies:  carseat cover/blanket, fleece jacket (which can be worn in the carseat)

mommy2angel
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM

We will stock up on hoodies and sweaters for the fall. My baby is 12 months and he will be walking soon so we will need to buy him his first pair of shoes for the fall and lotions to keep his skin moisturized because he has eczema. Lots of socks because you can never have enough socks!!! We will also buy him a light jacket for fall and a hat

KristinKeys
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Where I'm from it doesn't get too cold but I will be stocking up on some warmer clothes for my daughter. I plan on getting her some light jackets, pants, and warm boots.
northidahogurl
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I'm Renae. I'm 34 and live in beautiful North Idaho. I've been married for almost 9 years and have 4 amazing children! Three boys (8, 6, & 2.5) and the newest recent addition - a GIRL! 

I'm a regular Walmart shopper, but it seems our baby/kid sections are in short supply when you're seeking specfic items. Our local Walmart had VERY little Fall baby clothing. All I saw were sleepers, but no girl ones in the style I prefer. So, needless to say I didn't find EXACTLY what I was looking for, but did find other items I needed.

I have to say though, I'm NOT empressed with Walmart's ad-matching policy. I had intended to purchase the bouncer in store after seeing it online. I showed the item on their website to the cashier and she said that they absolutely DO NOT ad match their own websites prices - which I find ridiculous. So, I went home and ordered the same bouncer online (nearly $5 cheaper) and chose Site to Store shipping. Since the item was available at my local Walmart, the store pulls it from THEIR inventory rather than it actually being shipped.  This had me fuming, because the order was ready for pick up within less than hour of me ordering and it was an absolute waste of my time by them not just ad matching to begin with! 

My absolute favorite purchase was the bouncer! It's so easy to tote it from room to room with baby still sleeping soundly in it. It replaced one that survived through 3 baby boys. I wish I could say that I found Fall gear, but sadly I did not. 

In the fall, I always stock up on lightweight jackets - fleece and zip ups with a hood for those rainy days. Long sleeved onesies and fleece sleepers are essential. Of course, we can always use a nice warm blanket too.

MIA0223
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Hello! I am Michelle, 28, sahm of two kiddos. Anisa is 6 and Ibrahim is 18 months.
I chose to shop online since our store is mostly still summer clothes out. I hot a ton of good sales online! I was able to get 3 pajamas, a nice fleece outfit, a soccer outfit for him to wear to big sisters soccer matches when it starts back up in the fall season, a zip up hoodie, a jacket and a hat!

The sleepers fit great and he loves his jacket and sweatshirt even thigh it's still too early for them. 

One puzzling thing is walmart is sending them all out individually :/
I placed the order in one order, only paid shipping once but my items are coming one at a time. I have got two sleepers on two seperate days so far.

I am loving the sleepers we got, and I can't wait to see him in his soccer outfit for sisters games.

He has leg and ankle problems so he can only wear special shoes, but I think for typical babies boots are a must! And plain long sleeve shorts to layer, hats, lots of hats! Scarves, blankets, lotion for the dry winter skin.

myempyreofdirt
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My name is Rachel and I live in New Mexico with my husband and our 18 month old, Daemon. He's a tiny little explosion of energy. :)
Our local Walmart doesn't have a lot of fall stuff out yet, but I managed to find the main things I needed. They had a ton of long sleeve shirts, which are essential here. I bought a bunch of those, plus one zip up hoodie, some pants, and a warm fleece blanket. It won't get very cold here til November or so, but we'll have chilly days so layering is a must. Instead of a heavy coat I put a long sleeve shirt and hoodie on him. That way if it gets too warm while we're out I can take layers off.
I think the blanket will end up being used a lot. I bought it for him to sleep with, but we'll probably also take it to various places for some added warmth. It's super soft and cozy. I can never have enough long sleeve shirts though. If they still fit when the weather warms up I can cut the sleeves and he can wear them even longer. I did that last year and it saved us some money on spring clothes.
The only thing I wasn't able to find was a good pair of jeans. I prefer them to cotton pants because they're more durable, and I personally think they look better. My shopping experience for this was good. Our Walmart tends to have some stocking issues, but the toddler section looked much better this time. I wasn't bothered by the lack of selection because that's normal for our area. Stores put fall gear out a bit slowly since it stays warm for so long.
smorgan865
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Got my card last week, and I'm going today over my lunch break to see way they have. Last time I was there they still had summer things out.

On my list of what I'd like to get: a jacket, maybe a pair or two of pants, maybe some socks or a hat.
mysticatgal
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I plan on buying some sweatshirts, lightweight jacket, socks, hats and gloves for ds since it can get pretty cold in Minnesota.  I have looked online and in stores but don't see much for cooler weather items yet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN