Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you shop dollar stores?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM
  • 23 Replies

I know they can be really cheap, but most stuff doesn't last or work as strongly as others you'd buy from a grocery or dept store.

I went in the other day for garage sale tags. 

I noticed they had canned artichokes. (I love them) for $1.00!!

They are normally $2.99 from my grocery store, I bought the last 6 off the shelf! 

So what do you buy when you do shop dollar stores?

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madcat500
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM

some of evrythingcredit card

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Normally bubbles.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I get cinnamon graham crackers (Ds LOVES those), kitchen stuff, birthday supplies, holiday decorations, lots of stuff really.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 17, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I love mean green cleaner from the dollar store. It gets out and cleans anything.  

Some things I like, others I do not. 

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I buy name brand paper products from the dollar store, cheaper, same quality, same for cleaning supplies. I also buy some candy from it and might pick up soda or some canned items I might need. My local Dollar General even takes coupons. Love it!

ivf_blessed
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Sometimes I just walk around to see what they have - but it's my GO TO store for certain things.

I buy glow sticks - the kids love having a glow stick anytime we are out at night (theme park, swim meet, drive-in movie).  I buy candy & bagged popcorn (for movie) and sidewalk chalk.  I also buy seasonal/holiday napkins to use in the kids lunch boxes.

goldilocksbecky
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Greeting cards ($1 or 2/$1), gift bags, classroom supplies, plastic food containers, craft supplies, some kitchen/household supplies, 2 liter soft drinks and anything else that strikes my fancy!

whoodathunk
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I usually buy out the "Smart Ones" dinners in the frozen food section.  they're great in a pinch when we're rushing to ball games or activies.

Court112
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM

i just bought candles from the dollar store, dog treats, craft stuff for my nieces, picture frames, and CHOCOLATE! LOTS OF CHOCOLATE LOL 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I like the store but never really get a chance to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)