Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

This Attacker was Lucky....Now With Pic of Attacker @ Bottom of Page 1

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:32 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

Florida police chief has no issue with dad who says he beat up son's sex attackers

July 19 (Reuters) - A Florida police chief has caused a media stir by saying he is looking the other way after a father severely beat a man he caught sexually assaulting his 11-year-old son.

The father called Daytona Beach police on Friday to report he had interrupted his son being assaulted, and could be heard telling a dispatcher he left the attacker "nice and knocked out" and "in a puddle of blood" on the floor.

Raymond Frolander, 18, faces a felony sexual battery charge on a victim under 12-years-old, according to a police charging affidavit. The father had not been charged in the beating.

"We observed the defendant laying motionless on the living room floor with several knots on his face and bleeding from his mouth," police wrote in the affidavit.

Daytona Beach Police Chief Michael Chitwood, asked by a local CNN affiliate whether he had any issue with the father's actions, said: "Not as a police chief and not as a father."

Media photos show pictures of Frolander severely beaten, with bloodied lips, bruises around his swollen eyes, and scratches on his neck.

Reuters could not independently confirm Chitwood's statement. He did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

(Reporting by Eric M. Johnson Editing by Jeremy Gaunt)

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

In my house he'd have been shot. I tried to paste in a pic of his face but it didn't paste, so....It looks swollen and one eye is shut and he's a little bloody. In my opinion he got off easy. I hope when he goes to prison the big boys have their way with him.......

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:46 PM

I'm ok with it.  

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for that father. I do not object to his actions at all.
DACIA79
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish he would have castrated him.
ilovemykids732
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that story yesterday... the attacker deserved so much more than what the father did... he deserves to get everything he did to that poor little boy done to him in jail... by the meanest guys in there... :'(

springrain714
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

They should have been carrying him out in a body bag. Too bad he got off so easy.

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I found out a bit more on last nights news the parents spoke. The boy is the child of a woman he had a relationship in the past, but isn't his biological child. They thought of him as a trusted family member. I think I remember reading or hearing that this wasn't the first time he'd raped a boy, just not this particular one......if that is indeed true I hope all the others start coming forward.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Good job Dad.  My husband said he'd be more than beat up if it had been him and my dh is not a violent man.  His thing he says is that You hear about Mama bears attacking and killing while protecting their young. He says the reason you don't hear about the Daddy bear is cause the Daddy bear leaves no witnesses. LOL LOL LOL

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:07 PM

That holds true for us, when Mamma Bear is out I have had people quake in front of me, Daddy Bear keeps the guns maintained.

Quoting Thelmama:

Good job Dad.  My husband said he'd be more than beat up if it had been him and my dh is not a violent man.  His thing he says is that You hear about Mama bears attacking and killing while protecting their young. He says the reason you don't hear about the Daddy bear is cause the Daddy bear leaves no witnesses. LOL LOL LOL

FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Attackers picture, yeah he got off way, way way to easy.

Untitled

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)