Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Holy crap..I'm 50!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:05 PM
  • 34 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yesterday, I hit the half century mark. 

50 seems like such a scary number to me.

I think it actually hit the immature side of my brain yesterday that I am NOT going to live forever. The rational side has always known the truth but the side I like better is having a huge problem with this.

I now know how fast time really flies, what I did thirty years ago seems like yesterday. I think I'm scared going forward is going to go faster.

I keep thinking what if I only have 15 years left, 20? Will I have enough time to do a few things I want to do?

I'm so afraid I am running out of tomorrows.

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Since every day, could be your last day, keep living your life as you always do! :) Age is just a number.
Happy Birthday!
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Thank you and you are correct, age is a number, something I'm running short of. :p

Quoting offrdngal: Since every day, could be your last day, keep living your life as you always do! :) Age is just a number. Happy Birthday!

offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM

You've been running out of them, since the day you were born.  LOL

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Thank you and you are correct, age is a number, something I'm running short of. :p

Quoting offrdngal: Since every day, could be your last day, keep living your life as you always do! :) Age is just a number. Happy Birthday!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Live for today. Happy Birthday!
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Thanks

Quoting Noni2319: Live for today. Happy Birthday!

EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:12 PM

It's true, each day might be your last but you can't worry about that every day. 

jabs54
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM

First...Happy Birthday!   I just turned 60.  My husband has a great attitude about birthdays saying "it's better than the alternative" but I really am having a hard time with turning 60.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Yay, Happy Birthday! You're a half century old! I never would've guessed you are 15 years older than me. :)

Seriously though. I feel like I'm running out of time quickly too, and I have no idea why. *hugs*

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I'm doing exactly the same thing. I will be 53 on October 1st.
ttc-for-me
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Im only 37 almost 38 but I obsess about this all the time. Why is it we live just to die? I'm not ok with it at all. I don't want to leave earth ever. How do you deal with these thoughts?

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Yesterday, I hit the half century mark. 

50 seems like such a scary number to me.

I think it actually hit the immature side of my brain yesterday that I am NOT going to live forever. The rational side has always known the truth but the side I like better is having a huge problem with this.

I now know how fast time really flies, what I did thirty years ago seems like yesterday. I think I'm scared going forward is going to go faster.

I keep thinking what if I only have 15 years left, 20? Will I have enough time to do a few things I want to do?

I'm so afraid I am running out of tomorrows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)