Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Have You Heard of Moshing?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 26 Replies

I don't really get it, and I only just leaned of it's existance.  If you are older mom's, would you be ok with your teens doing this?  I am posting an innocent one with girls, but there are some that get pretty strange looking.  It's even going on up here in our little town.

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cc5112
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes I have. It's been around for a long long time. Mosh pits started with punk bands ( I think) back since the 80s when I was a tween/teen. People have been hurt and in extreme cases killed when body slammed against a wall. Overall it is a very aggressive form of self expression when listening to a live band while in the pit. 

My son is only 2, but I would not want him in a mosh pit. 

cbuck88
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I did it as a teen but I wouldnt want my kids doing it.. too dangerous.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Yes, I've heard of it and it just seems really dangerous.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:52 PM
This has been around forever. When my son was a teen, he took me to see Metallica, and I got yanked into a mosh pit. I lost my shoes. Ha. He ended up giving me a piggy back to the car later so I wouldnt cut my feet.
FrankMamma
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my son went to an outdoor concert several years ago where they had a mosh pit. It's not something I'd want him to do again, or that I'd want to do. I think he wanted to calm me down because his explanation was that it was just in good fun, the intent is not to really injure someone. At this event he attended I do know no one was taken to the hospital, I knew a paramedic that was working there that day, but didn't know it at the time--Then he went on to say he head-butted someone so hard they had to grab him to keep him from going under and pulled him out. He DOES have a very hard head.

Del672
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember the "head banging" in the 90's, but never moshing until recently.  Maybe it's regaining it's popularity, because it's been going on up here quite a bit since the beginning of summer.  When I saw some of the videos, they looked creepy.....especially when the guys do it. 

Quoting EireLass: This has been around forever. When my son was a teen, he took me to see Metallica, and I got yanked into a mosh pit. I lost my shoes. Ha. He ended up giving me a piggy back to the car later so I wouldnt cut my feet.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:51 AM

I've never done it

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:01 AM

I've heard of it, never done it. I'd hope neither of my sons would do it. 

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Mosh pits have been around for a while.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:51 PM

never been in one, I don't think my girls would be interested either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN