Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

You may hear about me in MC

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

LOL.  We went to the Aquarium today and it was so crowded. You may hear about the horrible woman who put her hands on another child.  The horror.

We were trying to go through a revolving door. One family kind of cut ahead as I am slow due to a still sore ankle. I thought my son was pushing ahead and put my hand on the child's tummy to hold him back and said wait wait...let them go first.  He tried again and I said wait, THEN the mom gave me a dirty look and I saw it was her child and not mine.  I said I am sorry I thought he was mine. They were the same size, similar hair color, similar clothing in a dimly lit passageway. I apologized and said didn't mean to scare y'all and she just stalked off. It really was an accident.  LOL. So if you hear about the mom who did such horror in the aquarium...that was me.  LOL. I apologized, did what I should and went on with our day. LOL

Now whether the lady is a MC mom or not is a mystery but the whole incident made me think of CM.  

So you know some of us out there do things like that by accident, no harm meant.  

We had a great time though. At least that happened at the beginning, we never saw them after we left that area. I was glad actually. LOL

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I've spent some time in MC today and I haven't seen anything yet, lol.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I have done that by accident before.  it happens.  once I put my hands on a little boy's shoulders and quickly realized that my child was right next to the other child.  I apologized quickly and the mom just laughed it off.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM

yep me too and I didn't see anything either lol

Quoting Kmakksmom: I've spent some time in MC today and I haven't seen anything yet, lol.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much something any reasonably sane mother would do. I've been on both sides of the 'oops not my child' thing.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I have done that by accident before.  it happens.  once I put my hands on a little boy's shoulders and quickly realized that my child was right next to the other child.  I apologized quickly and the mom just laughed it off.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:29 PM

That's good. LOL

Quoting Kmakksmom: I've spent some time in MC today and I haven't seen anything yet, lol.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Yeah I would have laughed it off too.  LOL. 

Quoting hayliedlr:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

right and me too

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Pretty much something any reasonably sane mother would do. I've been on both sides of the 'oops not my child' thing.

Quoting hayliedlr:

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Glad you enjoyed the aquarium. Did the doctor say wy you're still having pain?

I would have laughed it off. As parents we should know that mistakes like that can happen

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha! If she's a sane person it probably didn't bother her much. IF she's sane, lol
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Yes, we had a great time.  The ankle and foot were badly sprained, very severe and as it healed the tendons and muscles were healing too tight. They gave me exercises to do which is helping. I just walked a lot yesterday.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Glad you enjoyed the aquarium. Did the doctor say wy you're still having pain?

I would have laughed it off. As parents we should know that mistakes like that can happen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)