Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you? Back to school related

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:43 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you buy extra school supplies to donate?

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

I always buy tons of pencils so I have enough to donate to ds's class throughout the year. It's so much cheaper to buy them now then during the year. I'm also going to donate some supplies to ds's wrestling coaches church. They do a huge back to school thing and give out bookbags with supplies.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:48 AM
We do. I love buying school supplies.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I do too. I love taking ds to pick out his new bookbag each year

Quoting Kmakksmom: We do. I love buying school supplies.

texasgirl77
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:06 AM
No, I wish I could afford to though.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM

That's why I buy the stuff now. It really is so much cheaper during back to school sales. Plus I'm grateful that I have the money that I can afford a few extra dollars to buy extra supplies.

Quoting texasgirl77: No, I wish I could afford to though.

texasgirl77
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:24 AM
I've got two in high school, one in middle school, and their dad can't afford to pay half for their supplies this year. I barely have enough for their supplies this year. Next year I will be in a better position :)

Quoting cjsmom1:

That's why I buy the stuff now. It really is so much cheaper during back to school sales. Plus I'm grateful that I have the money that I can afford a few extra dollars to buy extra supplies.

Quoting texasgirl77: No, I wish I could afford to though.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:26 AM

As they get older the stuff is a lot more expensive too. I only have one and he's  in elementary so I can get almost everything he'll need supply wise for about $5

Quoting texasgirl77: I've got two in high school, one in middle school, and their dad can't afford to pay half for their supplies this year. I barely have enough for their supplies this year. Next year I will be in a better position :)

texasgirl77
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:29 AM
I'm just thankful the school now loans out the $100 calculators instead of requiring parents to buy them!

Quoting cjsmom1:

As they get older the stuff is a lot more expensive too. I only have one and he's  in elementary so I can get almost everything he'll need supply wise for about $5

Quoting texasgirl77: I've got two in high school, one in middle school, and their dad can't afford to pay half for their supplies this year. I barely have enough for their supplies this year. Next year I will be in a better position :)

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:31 AM

That is a great thing, especially for the parents with more then one child that needs it

Quoting texasgirl77: I'm just thankful the school now loans out the $100 calculators instead of requiring parents to buy them!

StreetsAhead
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:09 AM
No they don't do that here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN